Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants/nightlife in Killarney?

Options
  • 24-03-2016 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Gang of us heading to Kerry for bank holiday never been we are staying in Killarney. I saw a nice generic Italian bit of everything for everyone. Robertinos anyone being? Also would love to know what the go to pubs and nightclub is for going out on a Saturday night. Our age group is mid 30's/early 40's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not sure about where to eat but the front bar of The Grand has an older crowd, they do Irish music earlier in the night and then from around 10 onwards they have a live band doing various rock and pop songs. The Lane is a cocktail bar, will be quite busy but if you get there early and can get a seat, then it's a good spot as it's very relaxed and you can chat away in there. Can try The Shire too, very nice pub. If you want something more traiditional, try The Failte or Tatler Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Thanks we are all Irish not not really looking for the Irish touristy stuff just a good bar with some indie/chart music and a night club for later or even better a late bar/club. Less moving as there will be a lot of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Courtney's bar is always good, usually pretty good live music too. The grand then for the late bar afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

miss choc wrote: »
    Thanks we are all Irish not not really looking for the Irish touristy stuff just a good bar with some indie/chart music and a night club for later or even better a late bar/club. Less moving as there will be a lot of us ;)

You've just basically described McSorleys on College Street. They have a cover band on in the front bar, a one man band out the back. Just him and an acoustic guitar and he's excellent imo. And then a nightclub on site.

I usually end up in the back bar when I go out cos the night club tends to be full of kids.

McSorleys isn't everyone's cup of tea but my friends and I like it and we range from 27-40 so should suit your group. 2.30 am closing and the taxi rank outside the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Also as for Robertinos you have described it perfectly. A standard generic Italian. But it's good and I've been there loads of times.

Killarney has such a range of restaurants it will be impossible not to find somewhere that everyone will like and is decent. There's so much competition most places have to be decent.

Just take a walk round and see what catches your eye is my advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement