Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Swords

Options
  • 25-03-2016 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm considering moving to Swords - renting at the Old Vicarage on Church Road.

I'm not from Dublin so don't know much about the area itself (other than the Pavilions Shopping Centre).

Can anyone advise if this is a nice area? Or comment on the residential area itself?

I work in the city centre - how and where would I get a bus and how long would it take?

My partner works at the airport -again how and where would he get a mode of transport for that and how long would it take? If he was to drive, how long would it take?

I see some negative comments regarding traffic - when and where does this occur and would it interfere with getting from the old Vicarage to the airport?

Any other useful comments much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

If I was living in the Old Vicarage I think I'd be cycling up. Cant be anymore than 5km to the airport. Town? Hop the Sword Express from around the pavilions and be in town in 20 mins flat.

Cant comment on traffic as I live near the M1. But given you have to come out by the end of the village you are probably going to hit some traffic. But again once out of the village it shouldn't be anymore than 10 mins to the airport.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's a back/side entrance into the airport. Coming from the Vicarage (lovely central area) end of the town, turn right at the Lord Mayor's pub/Eddie Rocket's, go up the forest road and follow it around by Forrest Little golf club. This brings you to the side of the airport, and just after the halting side and before you come to the roundabout at the Coachman's Inn, there's a sneaky right turn into the airport.

With regard to commuting into town, if you're bussing it the Swords Express bus is the quickest way.
    I love Swords, it's got everything - and is within easy reach of lots of lovely beaches, Newbridge House, Malahide Castle and all the wonders of the North County :)

Advertisement