Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon D7200 lead

• 25-03-2016 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I recently became the owner of a Nikon D7200 and want to buy a 2nd lead , but I cant figure out what size the socket on side of camera is. I have the original but I want a 2nd longer one.
    I have mini & micro lead but they wont fit,

Any ideas
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not quite sure of the type of connector. It's probably the same as some of mine. I have never used them, they are probably in the bags in boxes somewhere.

Someone will recognise it.

nikon-coolpix_-usb-cable_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

Why do you need a longer one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Take a peek at this

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/197/D7200.html

it will be in the manual...

I think all the connections are the same on D7200 D7100 and D7000... But I could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MrTime

you can also get a standard USB ( the large connector above ) extension

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Personally I would just get a Card Reader. Have always taken the cards out of the camera and most I know do likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jaguar240

Thanks for the replies. I was worried that taking the cards in & out quite often would damage either the card or the socket in the camera.

Nikon seems to have developed their own socket since D90's from what I can figure out.

O'Leary's Camera World say that they can get a lead so I'll have to go with that

• Advertisement

Jaguar240 wrote: »
    I was worried that taking the cards in & out quite often would damage either the card or the socket in the camera.

Nearly everyone I know takes the cards out and uses a Card Reader. It does not seem to be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

It's a USB A to Mini-B 8pin (Some Mini-B leads are 5 pin and not compatible). The Tether Tools website is a great reference point as it lists cables for all cameras: https://www.tethertools.com/product/tetherpro-usb-2-0-a-male-to-mini-b-8-pin/

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jaguar240

Hi Fellow Corkonian,

That site is great.

Regards

Advertisement