Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand/Gravel Supply and Delivery

Options
  • 25-03-2016 9:33am

Am putting together a 9 metre squared patio behind house, there was only a thin layer of soil so I cant put down as much aggregate for base layer as I'd hoped. As such I need to get around half tonne aggregate and quarter tonne sand to get things going. Trouble is anyone I've contacted only deliver tonne bags and the 25kg bags are too expensive. If I had a hitch I could rent trailer and get the correct amounts at suppliers. But I dont so am looking for suggestions for delivery drivers with trailer in Galway area or suppliers who will deliver less than tonne bags..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Am putting together a 9 metre squared patio behind house, there was only a thin layer of soil so I cant put down as much aggregate for base layer as I'd hoped. As such I need to get around half tonne aggregate and quarter tonne sand to get things going. Trouble is anyone I've contacted only deliver tonne bags and the 25kg bags are too expensive. If I had a hitch I could rent trailer and get the correct amounts at suppliers. But I dont so am looking for suggestions for delivery drivers with trailer in Galway area or suppliers who will deliver less than tonne bags..

Same situation myself last year. Roadstone gave me a name of a guy who will deliver small quantities. You pay a premium obviously but not significant.

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Same situation myself last year. Roadstone gave me a name of a guy who will deliver small quantities. You pay a premium obviously but not significant.

Thanks for the info, will contact them, don't suppose you can remember roughly what he charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Thanks for the info, will contact them, don't suppose you can remember roughly what he charged?

I can't remember but I do remember thinking that it was reasonable at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Kyne quarry 3 mile past Moycullen.
    087<numbers by PM>.
    They deliver in small tip truck or will fill your trailer.

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Kyne quarry 3 mile past Moycullen.
    087<numbers by PM>..
    They deliver in small tip truck or will fill your trailer.

2 tonne min on delivery for Kynes

• Advertisement
Advertisement