Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I virtulized My Laptop in Vmware. But?

Options
  • 25-03-2016 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

New computer and I am using Vmware command workstation 12. I virtulized my old laptop.
    When I did start it. I could not use the keyboard with it. Mouse would work. After messing around with drivers and Vmware. The mouse stopped working. So now I cant use any input device with it.

Can anyone shed some light into how I get this working? Would there be a Vmware setting?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

eezipc wrote: »
    Thanks. Went through them steps before I posted here.
    I'd like to add. It is a wireless mouse and keyboard that I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

So when you reboot the VM, does either the mouse or keyboard work?

eezipc wrote: »
    So when you reboot the VM, does either the mouse or keyboard work?
    No. When I click on the VM. Nothing works. No mouse pointer shows up. I then need to click "Ctrl + Alt" to get control back

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does the clock within the VM move forward or has it just totally frozen?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Does the clock within the VM move forward or has it just totally frozen?
    It's moving forward. I can enter the Bios to and a physical mouse does not work when I attach it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

did you install vmtools ?

did you install vmtools ?

Yes done that. When I started it first. I had use of the mouse. But with messing around to get the keyboard. I restarted and lost the mouse to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Yes done that. When I started it first. I had use of the mouse. But with messing around to get the keyboard. I restarted and lost the mouse to.

I would try to boot into safe mode to see if it works.. if that works, enable RDP access while in safe mode and then try to RDP to the VM after it boots normally instead of using console access and then try to troubleshoot it that way, at this point I would try to uninstall VMtools first to see if it works, if it doesn't maybe reinstall it to see if it does.. quite a lot of dependencies with my method so hopefully it works :o

Edit : Just re-read that keyboard doesn't work in BIOS page as well.. so you won't be able to go into safe mode

Got it. :)

I had tried the Bios already. Strangely I could use the keyboard there. But there was nothing of use in the Bios.

Going what Tyson said. I tried to boot into safe mode. Took awhile to figure it out. AS VMware said F8 but it was F12. The mouse and keyboard worked in the recovery options. When I got into safe mode. Same problem again. No Keyboard or mouse.
    So I manged to restore to a last known configuration. That got the mouse working again. While trouble shooting this I found something about the keyboard. I just uninstalled the synaptics touchpad and restarted and boom keyboard is working.
    So mouse and keyboard working. Thanks Lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement