Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Easter Egg?

Options
  • 25-03-2016 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Good morning all,

Have collected a few bob in work for a birthday, planning to get a giant, ridiculous Easter egg for a colleague- but just realised I have no idea where one would purchase such a thing!

I'm googling away here in the office as only have an hour on my lunch break to pick it up along with a cake and card- based in Dublin city centre tho so that's a help!

Any ideas of where I could get a bigger than usual egg? Preferably not too expensive as we're not a huge office- any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Maybe try Thorntons in the Jervis Centre. You could also try Tescos in there but to be honest I think your best bet for getting a big egg at a decent price are the traders on Thomas St. Perhaps it might be worth having a look on Moore St to see if any of them have any. There are also usually a few traders around on the small street between Dunnes Stores and Debenhams on Henry St!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

tradhead wrote: »

I'm googling away here in the office as only have an hour on my lunch break to pick it up along with a cake and card- based in Dublin city centre tho so that's a help!

Any ideas of where I could get a bigger than usual egg?

Tradhead: did you manage to pick up anything? Seems to be a slow day around here. Think you might have got better feedback on the Dublin forum on Trip Advisor but hopefully you did get something! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

I saw a Lindt Bunny egg (1kg) in Tesco.
    €50!

If it's any help. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Butler's chocolate cafe - if they are open.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Marks & Spencer are doing very fancy eggs, in the shapes of a planet for example. They're not huge but they look great and are coming in at €50 so would be good for a big gift.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Thorntons had a massive one when I was there earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Ended up taking the birthday girl out for lunch so had to delegate to one of my colleagues who picked up the Easter egg hunt pack in Tesco, 43 eggs for a tenner :L

Thanks a million for all the suggestions!

Advertisement