Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverpark, Islandbridge.

Options
  • 25-03-2016 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey,

I'm looking for info on the area around Riverpark apartments in Islandbridge. I loved the apartment there but I don't know the area much.
    Anybody have any experience living around here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

NineEggs wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm looking for info on the area around Riverpark apartments in Islandbridge. I loved the apartment there but I don't know the area much.
    Anybody have any experience living around here?

Hi,

I lived in Islandbridge for 2 years, in the Clancy Quay Apartments. The area is fine, fairly quiet and not much footfall. There's a lovely park, the war memorial and Kilmainham Gaol if you're into running/cycling/sport/site seeing. After that, there's not much else. There's a new shop at the front of the Clancy Apartments and a Spar in Kilmainham (and a few other bits and pieces - bakery, launderette, pharmacy). There's also a Supervalue down by Heuston Station.

I never had a problem living there but it's a little boring and if you don't drive it can be annoying to have to trek into the city centre to do a decent shop. Also there are regular music festivals in Kilmainham, which if you're into that kind of thing are great but I hated them as I had exams (and you're just far enough away that you hear nothing but the bass anyway) so bear that in mind too.

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

I lived near here. Phoenix park overshadows you and is an amazing amenity. the river is at your back . Pubs and shops in Parkgate ; ryans is famous . LUAS on your doorstop or very closer,tons of buses, easy cycle into town. recommend it. nearest supermarkets tescos in prussia st or on cabra if you have a car, else the overpriced supervalu in HSQ

Advertisement