Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Player on samsung smart tv causing grief - wireless

• 25-03-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭

A friend has a samsung smart tv connected wirelessly to eir f2000 and recently has has reported a lot of bother when trying to use rte player to watch fair city ie ads will play but no programme, did a few reboots of router, may work occasionally.

I suggested to connect with cable but is there a glitch with the samsung tv?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

swoofer wrote: »
    A friend has a samsung smart tv connected wirelessly to eir f2000 and recently has has reported a lot of bother when trying to use rte player to watch fair city ie ads will play but no programme, did a few reboots of router, may work occasionally.

I suggested to connect with cable but is there a glitch with the samsung tv?

I have given up on RTE Player on my Sammy - it is useless and not worth the bother. It plays the adverts - again and again and sometimes plays the programme, and occasionally the second part of the programme. It is just not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chromecast.

Chromecast Chromecast Chromecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭swoofer

Is chromecast easy to use? And I was wondering if the software on the samsung was out of date ie the tv software?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Plus half the content is not on it. Way more on RTE Player on a PC.

I had a go at that TV at weekend!! Reset it, updated the software to latest version via usb, updated rte player, did a tv factory reset.. all to no avail and you cant delete rte player and do a clean install. I flagged it to Samsung but I wont hold my breath. This was for an elderly couple so they cant hack laptop/chromcast/tv.

thanks for replies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Call Samsung on the phone. They are very good at customer service. They took over my TV to sort a problem out - amazing stuff to watch them flick around with your TV.

how did they take over TV??? I can ring on their behalf!!

swoofer wrote: »
    how did they take over TV??? I can ring on their behalf!!

It was connected to tthe internet, and I had to download an ap. Then they sent a code and I had to give them a code from the TV, so I had to agree to them getting control. (that is how I remember it) They could not do it without my agreement.

[They probably could but I think they like to ask!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

The rte app on my Samsung is crap as well. Gets stuck loading every few seconds (but the ads play fine). I just use the web browser and access the player there instead.

but did they fix RTE player??? and thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

My RTE player ain't working either. Programmes aren't coming up when I try to download them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

iOS
    Android
    WinPhone
    Tyzen
    FireTV
    Samsung TV OS
    LG TV OS
    Sony TV OS
    Panasonic TV OS

Smart TVs are always going to be low the on the list, using a platform thats far less fragmented is the way forward until TVs use Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

yeah this does not work on my Samsung either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

ED E wrote: »
    iOS
    Android
    WinPhone
    Tyzen
    FireTV
    Samsung TV OS
    LG TV OS
    Sony TV OS
    Panasonic TV OS
    Smart TVs are always going to be low the on the list, using a platform thats far less fragmented is the way forward until TVs use Android.

Some tvs such as Sony have the Android operating system, i beleive they have now stopped it on all but new 4k models from 2016.

Panasonic smarts now use the Firefox operating System.

Advertisement