Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Word Help really needed here.

Options
  • 25-03-2016 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I am looking to reference or hyperlink within a document. Can I do this without creating a bibliography.

So I have a document. Working on it as I speak. After a relevant piece of text I want it link to a particular reference for want of a better word at the bottom of the page. The page won't reference an actual book or website but it is important within the context of the document. I want something to behave in the same way as when I click the reference within a document say on Wikipedia. The linked text won't need to reference any actual external documents.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

What version of Word?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Bosh wrote: »
    What version of Word?

Apoligies Word 2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

This is for Word 2010, but hopefully will work for 2007!

First you need to bookmark the location (words, references etc) that you want the hyperlink to jump TO:
    • Select the target.
    • 'Insert' and 'Bookmark'.
    • Name the bookmark.
    • 'Add'
    • Choose the location for your hyperlink
    • Select your text that you want as your hyperlink:
    • 'Insert' and 'Hyperlink', The text you've selected should be in the 'Text to display' box.
    • Choose 'Place in this document' and the bookmark should appear in the main pane of the dialogue box.
    • Select the bookmark & click OK

Hope this works!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Bosh wrote: »
    This is for Word 2010, but hopefully will work for 2007!

First you need to bookmark the location (words, references etc) that you want the hyperlink to jump TO:
    • Select the target.
    • 'Insert' and 'Bookmark'.
    • Name the bookmark.
    • 'Add'
    • Choose the location for your hyperlink
    • Select your text that you want as your hyperlink:
    • 'Insert' and 'Hyperlink', The text you've selected should be in the 'Text to display' box.
    • Choose 'Place in this document' and the bookmark should appear in the main pane of the dialogue box.
    • Select the bookmark & click OK

Hope this works!

Thanks for the reply. Saw it a little late.

Advertisement