Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another New Build Gaming PC Thread!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

Hey Digital Solitude

So I've has a look at the sales and come up with this, what you think?

Intel Core Skylake Processor i5-6500/3.2 GHz (Turbo Boost 3.6 GHz - 4 Core 6Mo Cache Socket 1151
    Crucial CT240BX200SSD1 BX200 240 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive
    NZXT S340 White Mid Tower PC Case
    Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard (4x DDR3, 6x USB3.0, 8x USB2.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DSUB)
    HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz CL10 DIMM Memory Module Kit - White
    Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB SATA lll Desktop SATA Drive - Blue
    EVGA 100-B1-0500-KR - 500W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply
    MSI AMD R9 380 Gaming Graphics Card (4 GB, PCI-E 3.0, GDDR5, 256 Bit, DVI-I, HDMI)

Total Cost £684.00 = Approx €855.00 + I have to add Windows OS.

Do you think its good value?

As you can see i changed the GPU cause maybe the R9 390 is out of my price range for the moment, do you think the R9 380 will hold up to what i want to achieve?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Z97 is for Haswell processors, you have a Skylake, you need to switch that to a H110/B150/Z170 board. B150 would be fine for you. You also need to get DDR4 2133mhz ram rather than DDR3 (some H110 skylake boards use DDR3 but make sure to get a DDR4 model).
    As you can see i changed the GPU cause maybe the R9 390 is out of my price range for the moment, do you think the R9 380 will hold up to what i want to achieve?.

To be fair that was answered extensively earlier on...if you want to run games like GTA V at 1080p ultra with mods installed, or Skyrim modded to the extreme like what you're outlined, an R9 390 would really be a minimum.

Otherwise, it's a great machine for 1080p high settings @60fps in games generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That case will handle an ATX or mATX board so you're good.

ok so ready to bit the bullet on the first few parts of the build.

anyone see any problems with these? all compatible?

Really expensive motherboard, you could get a Z170 for that money.

• Advertisement

Really expensive motherboard, you could get a Z170 for that money.

Which Z170 there seems to be loads?

Any, one about that price. Once it takes DDR4.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Get the MSI B150 PC Mate, it's much cheaper, and offers a lot of USB 3.1 ports.

Ok slight change of plan, i have a chance of picking up this gaming pc for €600.00, my build if going DIY is going to set me back approx €800.00 at the moment.

what do you guys make of this build? I've been told its newly built and he has all the boxes, receipts etc for the parts.

Specs:
    Motherboard: ASRock h110m-combo g capable of running ddr3 or ddr4
    CPU: Intel i3 6100 LGA 1151 skylake 3.7ghz
    Hard drive 3.5: 1tb
    Dvd Drive: liteon 524b capable of burning Xbox 360 games
    RAM: 8gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz
    GPU: Sapphire nitro R9 380 4GB
    PSU: Fractal 550w bronze
    Case comes with 3 led fans that speeds can be control and 2 usb 2.0 on top as well as 3.0
    Software Windows 10 pro
    Microsoft office 2016
    Kaspersky anti virus 2 year license

Digital Solitude maybe you can give your opinion you seem to know your stuff ;)

That's a very good deal. Add an SSD for €70 and you're away. i3s are fairly good for gaming, you've the upgrade to an i5 or i7 possible in time if needed.

The case is likely a POS but as a whole thats a great deal imo

• Advertisement

That's a very good deal. Add an SSD for €70 and you're away. i3s are fairly good for gaming, you've the upgrade to an i5 or i7 possible in time if needed.

The case is likely a POS but as a whole thats a great deal imo

Cheers mate, i'll grab it so!

Really appreciated your help and advice on this! a credit to Boards :cool:

I'll be back when i have my modded skyrim running and update with a video ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's a good deal but it's basically just a cut down version of your build. No SSD, i3 instead of i5, a cheap motherboard, etc.

If you can, I would stretch to your original build or closer to it. Not because that's not a good machine, but you've outlined that you want to run games modded to the hilt at ultra settings - and there would be little point buying an i3-based system now and then wanting an i5 a few months later.

Is that new? I can't see how someone could build that and then sell it for 600 without loosing a good chunk of money.

It's a good deal but it's basically just a cut down version of your build. No SSD, i3 instead of i5, a cheap motherboard, etc.

If you can, I would stretch to your original build or closer to it. Not because that's not a good machine, but you've outlined that you want to run games modded to the hilt at ultra settings - and there would be little point buying an i3-based system now and then wanting an i5 a few months later.

Is that new? I can't see how someone could build that and then sell it for 600 without loosing a good chunk of money.

Hi terror

If it will do for a while and see if I enjoy PC gaming I'd think of upgrading part next year, I think he won the graphics card which is why he can afford to sell it.

Advertisement