Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Singapore

Options
  • 25-03-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys, I'm after securing myself a job in Singapore. I'll be working as a physio in Changi General Hospital and was just wondering about places to find accommodation? What's the easiest way to go about it? Is Changi far from downtown?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

You can probably look for 'rooms for rent in SG' to get a feel of the astronomical rent prices and be able to view it personally once you get there. I suggested room since an apartment might get out of hand in terms of price.

You don't need to worry about proximity since it is just a small country anyway and you'll be walking distance to any two MRT stations anywhere, Malls (bigger than ANY MALL you will find here in Ireland), restaurants, etc. Trains and buses are very dependable and taxis are everywhere so there is no issue of transpo apart from the traffic but you'll adjust to that. Changi Hospital is near the airport on the eastern part of the Ireland.

Additionally, prepare for the heat and the congestion (population is bigger than Ireland but smaller than the land area of Co. Cork).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Connh

Hi @MaloneMolly, apologies for digging this thread back up but I was wondering how you got in with the move to Singapore? Myself and my partner will be moving here for the new year (with my work). She is a newly qualified staff nurse here in Ireland with 2 years experience in a major hospital. I was just wondering how did you find the transition and the process of applying for healthcare jobs in the major hospitals? Any information would be useful. As I said, were moving due to my work, so we just need to sort her out, hopefully as a staff nurse.

Advertisement