Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Ebay M.2 to SATA Adapters?

Options
  • 25-03-2016 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I've got a spare 256GB Samsung PM851 here doing nothing and want to replace the hard drive in my wife's system since the load times for Fallout 4 are completely dire, she has a ITX system with a H81 chipset witch means there's no M.2 slot and since it's ITX there's no extra extra PCI-E slots to use a proper adapter either.
    So I was looking on ebay for M.2 to SATA adapters and saw that Asian re-sellers sell them for as little as €2.50.
    Does anyone know if these adapters are any good? I'm always very cautious about cheaply made things like this but adapting M.2 to SATA shouldn't be that difficult should it?
    Here's the type of adapter I was looking at:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/M2-NGFF-ssd-SATA3-SSDs-turn-sata-adapter-expansion-card-adapter-SATA-to-NGFF-FT-/221843228331?hash=item33a6e306ab:g:xGQAAOSwPcVVv1rb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Be careful, M.2 is a connector type vs an interface spec, so you can have different "types" of M.2.

In your case, its SATA3 via M.2, so that adapter is really just a connector, no brains involved, should be fine.

Advertisement