Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong smell and taste of chlorine in water

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Graham wrote: »
    Some of Arkady's post is based on fact, chlorine is added to the water but it's not filtered out. It's added in such low doses that filtering is not necessary.

Source: World Healy Organisation.

I know full well things are added, the filtering out and their ways of dealing with people is what I have issue with.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Arkady wrote: »
    If you can smell and taste the stink of chlorine as the OP can, it's an unsafe level for consuming over time. Simple as.

Absolute nonsense.

Like I said, if anyone genuinely believes their water supply contains unsafe levels of chlorine, it's fairly straightforward to test/prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Arkady

Absolute nonsense.

You and Irish water wish
    Like I said, if anyone genuinely believes their water supply contains unsafe levels of chlorine, it's fairly straightforward to test/prove.

Indeed it is, and yet nothing will be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Sorry but until now you've been giving only opinions rather than facts.

Bringing Irish Water in this also means that the conspiracy reading of this thread is about to go off the charts :eek:

Bringing Irish Water in this also means that the conspiracy reading of this thread is about to go off the charts :eek:

Thanks for the opinion, indeed what have they got to do with drinking water - they've been a model of exemplary conduct and success and are not a fiasco at all. lol

• Advertisement

** CONSPIRACY WARNING **

Please ensure your tinfoil hat is secured safely on top of your head before proceeding any further into this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I'd be more worried about trihalomethanes than chlorine tbh. You can easily test your water for chlorine if you're concerned, and for trihalomethanes (and other parameters) Irish Water publishes the results of their tests on their website.

** CONSPIRACY WARNING **

Please ensure your tinfoil hat is secured safely on top of your head before proceeding any further into this thread.

Is that really the best spin you can attempt ?

Arkady wrote: »
    Is that really the best spin you can attempt ?

You are funny. I was going to go for the 'my brother told me' argument but then I remembered, I'm not 10.

You are funny. I was going to go for the 'my brother told me' argument but then I remembered, I'm not 10.

When you are sure invite us to the party, it'll be gas. I won't be drinking your water though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, seeing as this is now getting a bit silly and I've better things to be doing today than babysitting this thread, I'm going to close it before I have to start handing out cards or bans. Enjoy your Easter eggs. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement