Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difference in Hop House pint and bottle?

• 25-03-2016 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So I've grown fond of the Hop House lager down the local, and seeing as good Friday was coming up I said I'd stock up to combat the thirst. Got a few bottles of said lager and unfortunately the taste left a lot to be desired in comparison to the pint in the pub. Is this a common case or just a bad few bottles I got? I know some drink tastes quite different in comparison to its pub equivalent but this tastes almost like a different lager!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I'm actually drinking one here from a bottle myself and thinking the same thing.
    I enjoy it from draft but it seems bland in comparison from a bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Maybe it's scale back on the hops with a mass release

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gerard3003

I'm actually drinking one here from a bottle myself and thinking the same thing.
    I enjoy it from draft but it seems bland in comparison from a bottle.

Yeah would be my favorite beer atm on draught but was really disappointed with the bottles today. Even more disappointed that it may be a common thing and not just a once off that happened me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

oblivious wrote: »
    Maybe it's scale back on the hops with a mass release

maybe the bottles aren't as fresh as the draft, and the hop aroma is worn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

was 1.60 a bottle in tesco mahon point last week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

maybe the bottles aren't as fresh as the draft
    That makes sense. Diageo has no bottling line in Dublin. Draught Hop House 13 will go straight from James's Gate to the bar; the contents of the bottles will have been to either Belfast or Runcorn and back. It's something that wouldn't make a difference to Guinness or Macardles, but I'd say you'd feel the loss of freshness in something that relies on a sparse hop flavour like Hop House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I thought the same. It has far less flavour from the bottle than from a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

but it seems bland in comparison from a bottle.

Now that's bland.

Joke. Please no multi-page thread about craft beer snobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

I may be walking a lonely road here but I don't detect much of a difference between the draft and the bottled 13.

BTW I am paying 10 euro for 4 at local off license. Anyone seen better around Dublin?
    edit: that's 4 x 500 bottlez, so 5 euro a litre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

deandean wrote: »
    I may be walking a lonely road here but I don't detect much of a difference between the draft and the bottled 13.

BTW I am paying 10 euro for 4 at local off license. Anyone seen better around Dublin?

500 or 330?

You can get 4x330 for 8 or less in most places. 7 in the Spar on the Ballymun Road yesterday, I'd imagine others are similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement