Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good deal?

• 25-03-2016 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭

Grandparents have been quoted €10,975 to upgrade a 131 Golf Comfortline TDI Automatic to a brand new one like for like.

I'm thinking this could come down a little but Just wanted opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭u2me

Depends on condition, mileage etc but value 131 approx 18-20k new value 26-28k - imagine you should be able to squeeze another bit off it if you shop around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

u2me wrote: »
    Depends on condition, mileage etc but value 131 approx 18-20k new value 26-28k - imagine you should be able to squeeze another bit off it if you shop around

As good as new condition with 46,000 KM.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭u2me

You can trade in the golf in any vw dealer nationwide and still get the servicing / warranty work done at your local one.

Try Gerry Cumiskey Dublin + Al Hayes in Portumna + laharts kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only way to know if it's a good deal to price the same deal from more than one dealer of the same brand and then play them off each other for the best deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

Gael23 wrote: »
    Grandparents have been quoted €10,975 to upgrade a 131 Golf Comfortline TDI Automatic to a brand new one like for like.

I'm thinking this could come down a little but Just wanted opinions?

Being very general, for a golf, corolla, focus size car , it costs roughly 3500 a year to come up the 3 years, so you are nearly bang on that figure.
    They should go around and get prices from different dealers and play them off each other. IMO it should be possible to get another grand off the price.

u2me wrote: »

There are 131s on donedeal for 15k which means they will sell for less, i believe 18/20 would be dealer prices ,

I have friends who value their own cars off dealer prices and cant understand why they are worth thousands less when they go to change them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

RRP, on the road on a new comfortline DSG would be close to €29500

9935452 wrote: »
    Being very general, for a golf, corolla, focus size car , it costs roughly 3500 a year to come up the 3 years, so you are nearly bang on that figure.
    They should go around and get prices from different dealers and play them off each other. IMO it should be possible to get another grand off the price.

There are 131s on donedeal for 15k which means they will sell for less, i believe 18/20 would be dealer prices ,

I have friends who value their own cars off dealer prices and cant understand why they are worth thousands less when they go to change them
    I was thinking that closer to €10k would sound better. Car is as new apart form having 46k on the clock. The dealer did say there could be room to talk but didn't specify how much exactly.
    Edit: I've seen one with Al Hayes virtually identical to theirs (even similar mileage) for €22,500. I know thats forecourt price and not trade in value but theres still a gap there.

They are now looking at a 151 Golf DSG with some upgraded Comfortline kit compared to their own for €23k. I know you lose most in the first year but that seems a little cheap to me? There's 20k on the clock

Why are they changing out of the 131 car though, this one will be as old as theirs is now in a bit over a year. What happens then? If the only reason they're trading now is because the car is 3 years old, it doesn't make sense to buy a nearly 18 month old car.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Why are they changing out of the 131 car though, this one will be as old as theirs is now in a bit over a year. What happens then? If the only reason they're trading now is because the car is 3 years old, it doesn't make sense to buy a nearly 18 month old car.

Min reason is there was a slight upgrade in 2015 to the Comfortline spec which they like and a 2015 model is half the cost to change for them. Having said that, the 2016 one has a reversing camera as well so at the right price they might be swayed.

• Advertisement

They're only coming up to half the newness so half the price is fair enough. They're also coming from a mk6 to a mk7 I suppose too.
    Just as long as they wont be in the same situation in 18 months wanting to upgrade because they think the car is old.

Seat Leon might be worth a look too.

There's is one of the first Mk7's of 2013 but the comfortline spec was upgraded in 2015. The Leon does look good alright, same automatic gearbox?

Yep, same everything bar the stuff you look at.

It's going to take up to 12 weeks to get one so they're thinking of waiting until January.

So back on this again.
    Same dealer has offered a 171 Allstar TDI DSG for €13750 or the 1.2 TSI for €11750.

Is that a pre facelifted model already in stock or a facelifted factory order?

Isn't Allstsr the runout special edition?

They streamlined the range recently, I think Allstar replaced the Comfortline and gained extra kit.

Yes it's an upgraded comfortline spec as far as I'm aware. They have had diesels for the past 25 years but looking at the figures it's hard to justify this time. We roughly worked out it would take 7 years just to break even.

Deal done on a 1.2 TSI DSG Allstar with innovation pack and 3 services for €11k even.

• Advertisement
Advertisement