Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OW swimming louth/meath

Options
  • 25-03-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Looking for a good safe spot or spots for OW training, just wondering where does everyone go in this area,

Not part of club so would be training mostly alone with someone watching for safety, is there any place particularly popular that would have plenty there anyway instead of dragging the OH along all the time.

Usually it's just pool swimming for me and the only OW swimming I get is races.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Looking for a good safe spot or spots for OW training, just wondering where does everyone go in this area,

Not part of club so would be training mostly alone with someone watching for safety, is there any place particularly popular that would have plenty there anyway instead of dragging the OH along all the time.

Usually it's just pool swimming for me and the only OW swimming I get is races.

Camlough

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

RJM85 wrote: »
    Camlough

Would be nice but it's a bit far away. It's far side of newry

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

This is the page that helped me find a spot, hope it's useful to you ;)http://www.outdoorswimming.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Rose Hall, near Monasterboice. Clogherhead slipway from 7pm on Tues from late April onwards normally has at least 20. Or Bracken Lake, secluded but fantastic for OW swimming

Rose Hall, near Monasterboice. Clogherhead slipway from 7pm on Tues from late April onwards normally has at least 20. Or Bracken Lake, secluded but fantastic for OW swimming

Thanks for them. Must check rose hall.dont live too far from monasterboice. Don't actually know where it is. Always found lake bracken very dirty.

Thanks for your reply I'll be sure to give them all a chance.

• Advertisement

Jackyback. Visited rose hall today. Seems nice and quiet

Do you swim there much?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Grizz

If you really want to push yourself theres a training weekend at the end of may around carlingford lough. they cater for beginners to channel swimmers.
    the closing date for the weekend is midnight tonight though.
    Look up: Infinity channel swimming hit the wall weekend

Advertisement