Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you upgrade to a PlayStation 4.5 if it's released?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Jesus FAILSAFE, stop WUMMING every thread with this ****. Take the week off.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

It must be a bitter pill to swallow having bought the original PS4 with Sony talking up how powerful the console was from announcement to as far as post launch. Every moment they got they were saying how amazingly powerful the PS4 was.

For a new Sony customer I think the Neo will be well worth purchasing but for someone with a PS4 already I think its a shame they have to folk out again after all the talk from Sony.

Would the same logic and outcome not apply to those who bought the original xbox one with the announcement of scorpio launching next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Jesus FAILSAFE, stop WUMMING every thread with this ****. Take the week off.

Please :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Woah... chill :)
    No need to be getting so worked up. Can people not share their opinion here or does it have to align with the sheep. Suddenly sharing an opinion is ruining a thread.

I am actually looking forward to getting a PS4 Neo. I just think I wouldn't be happy if I had the PS4 at the moment after all the grand standing Sony did about the power of PS4 for the last few years. Surely some people can identify with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

The only thing surprising about the prospect of a new Playstation is that so many people have found it surprising.

The PS3 was first released in November 2006 while the PS4 was released in November 2013. That's 7 years for what is essentially a computer in an era when technology is constantly being updated.

Did anyone seriously think that the PS4 would run until 2020 without being updated in some way?

By the time Neo is released and actually has enough games and features to warrant an upgrade, the PS4 will be into its 5th year. I don't see what the problem is. They could call it PS5 for all I care, then bring out PS6 four years later.

Technology is expensive. Do people think they have a right to put a hold on progress just because they forked out a few quid? Do you expect your smartphone to last 7 years just because it was expensive?

We're not all kids anymore, annoying our broke parents for a new console. This is sophisticated technology that should only be of interest to people that can afford it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Woah... chill :)
    No need to be getting so worked up. Can people not share their opinion here or does it have to align with the sheep. Suddenly sharing an opinion is ruining a thread.

I am actually looking forward to getting a PS4 Neo. I just think I wouldn't be happy if I had the PS4 at the moment after all the grand standing Sony did about the power of PS4 for the last few years. Surely some people can identify with that.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/26/xbox-one-microsoft-claims-cloud-computing-can-provide-power-of-3-xbox-ones-32-xbox-360s/

Both companies have make claims of power, with microsoft making grandiose and fictitious claims about the cloud, so I don't see why you're singling out sony when according to what you've just said, microsoft are making people swallow the same 'bitter pill'.

Besides the point, I think both companies have two different strategies going on and I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both, so it'll be really interesting to see them develop over the next year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I just think I wouldn't be happy if I had the PS4 at the moment after all the grand standing Sony did about the power of PS4 for the last few years. Surely some people can identify with that.

Sony touted the PS4 as the most powerful console available and anyone who picked it up got just that.

I don't think anyone was under the illusion that this was the first and last console you'd need to get to have the most powerful console though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It must be a bitter pill to swallow having bought the original PS4 with Sony talking up how powerful the console was from announcement to as far as post launch. Every moment they got they were saying how amazingly powerful the PS4 was.

For a new Sony customer I think the Neo will be well worth purchasing but for someone with a PS4 already I think its a shame they have to folk out again after all the talk from Sony.

Not really. The PS4 has given me probably thousands of hours of gameplay. I've never felt hard done by owning it. I don't fret over what the most powerful console is, I like games. And Sony for the last 5 years has had better exclusives and at this rate, probably always will.

I trust them to actually get developers to put out content for the Neo that the PS4 can't do. My head would be melted if I'd bought an Xbox One, though. Very, very few exclusives on the thing and now they're on about some Scorpio.

GET GAMES.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

3 years of gameplay from the PS4 is hardly bad, and its not like the original PS4 suddenly stops working. This is for the hardcore gamers innit, like House said.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Enough is enough FAILSAFE. You have established a long and wearisome history here and elsewhere of attempting to kickstart silly console wars at every possible opportunity, and such trolling is not going to be tolerated any more. Consider this a very clear warning.

Everybody else, please keep it civil. If you have an issue with a post report it rather than risk mod action yourselves!

• Advertisement

I think most people have better things to do than be pro Sony or pro Microsoft or pro any large company since most of us just like good video games I think :)

I wonder what the killer app to launch with Neos is gonna be. Maybe TLG?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Grayditch wrote:
    I trust them to actually get developers to put out content for the Neo that the PS4 can't do. My head would be melted if I'd bought an Xbox One, though. Very, very few exclusives on the thing and now they're on about some Scorpio.

I've seen a few saying that there's been no exclusives for the xbox. The very same can be said for the ps4

Most of the exclusives are crap ie the order, tearaway, infamous second son are all Meh

Uncharted 4 was good but just a rehashed of the previous games.

Both consoles are crap with exclusives

But in my opinion there's been more stinker exclusives on the ps4 then on the xb1

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I've seen a few saying that there's been no exclusives for the xbox. The very same can be said for the ps4

I don't think it can, no. I can name all the highly rated PS Exclusives and even the ones that were highly rather that I thought were useless, but at this stage of the game, the "who had best exclusives" is hardly even subjective anymore. I'll always buy the one with the games. Or both, as I have lots of times through the years, until this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

dunworth1 wrote: »

Most of the exclusives are crap ie the order, tearaway, infamous second son are all Meh

Uncharted 4 was good but just a rehashed of the previous games.

Both consoles are crap with exclusives

But in my opinion there's been more stinker exclusives on the ps4 then on the xb1

I beg to differ on that one, the PS4 has far more exclusives than the Xbox and very good and varied ones at that if you look past Western releases, and at releases by Japanese studios and Indie titles.

Can anyone hazard a guess at what event the PS4 Neo might be announced at?

Mass this week, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ConorDon97

I'm not going to give Sony the satisfaction of paying for something that isn't much of an improvement that could have been released first day

ConorDon97 wrote: »
    I'm not going to give Sony the satisfaction of paying for something that isn't much of an improvement that could have been released first day

Hardware changes a lot in 4 years, it goes for both consoles, the makers are not savants nor have they precognition.

Xenji wrote: »
    Hardware changes a lot in 4 years, it goes for both consoles, the makers are not savants nor have they precognition.
    Actually, its only been 2 years and 6 months since the launch of PS4.

But the choices of what hardware went into making it where decided on well before the actual release.

• Advertisement

And the neos isn't it yet. And they were obviously designing/working on it before November 2013.

It was the point I was trying to make earlier.

Its very, very early in this PS4 generation for an upgrade. The original PS4 has been on the market for only 2 years and 6 months.

For me, I am happy to pick up a PS4 Neo because I am new to the PS4 but I can understand why some original PS4 owners are annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ConorDon97 wrote: »

The main thing for me is what size hdd will be in it. I've been holding off upgrading the one in mine because if the Neo comes with at least a 2tb hdd and 4k bluray player I'll happily give Sony the satisfaction of paying for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Xenji wrote: »
    I beg to differ on that one, the PS4 has far more exclusives than the Xbox and very good and varied ones at that if you look past Western releases, and at releases by Japanese studios and Indie titles.

I have a PS4 the exclusives worth boasting about would be bloodborne & Uncharted 4 and a few indie titles. Stuff like Driveclub, LBP3, The Order & an abundance of ports or remakes isn't impressive. But games like Last Guardian, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and No Man's Sky might change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ERG89 wrote: »
    I have a PS4 the exclusives worth boasting about would be bloodborne & Uncharted 4 and a few indie titles. Stuff like Driveclub, LBP3, The Order & an abundance of ports or remakes isn't impressive. But games like Last Guardian, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and No Man's Sky might change that.

I keep having to remind myself that The Last of Us was PS3, not PS4. Keep thinking of it as a PS4 exclusive.

I don't think either PS4 or XB1 have had great exclusives but agree that as we get further into the lifespan of both, that's when the great exclusives will come for both. I'm definitely looking forward to Horizon, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Spider-Man and God Of War.

Bloodborne is so good, I'd be happy if it was the only game I'd bought a PS4 for. I hope it gets patched for Neos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

And it's been 16 hours and 15 days since you took your love away...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

And it's been 16 hours and 15 days since you took your love away...

Nothing compares...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Grayditch wrote: »
    Mass this week, I'd say.

Will the mass be 4k native?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Will the mass be 4k native?

I'd say Days Gone drops to sub-30FPS because its running in 4K.

Advertisement