Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you upgrade to a PlayStation 4.5 if it's released?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It was the point I was trying to make earlier.

Its very, very early in this PS4 generation for an upgrade. The original PS4 has been on the market for only 2 years and 6 months.

For me, I am happy to pick up a PS4 Neo because I am new to the PS4 but I can understand why some original PS4 owners are annoyed.

But you are not new to the ps4. You bought one and kept it for month or two and then sold it to build a pc.?

So do you feel ripped off along with the rest of us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

ConorDon97 wrote: »
    I'm not going to give Sony the satisfaction of paying for something that isn't much of an improvement that could have been released first day

Well really it couldnt have come out at the start if they wanted to meet the €400 price point. Dont forget why Sony sold a lot more consoles than MS this time,they produced the more powerful console and it was also the CHEAPER console which immediately gave it a much better,and performance wise desrved,image among gamers. Appealing to the core needs of gamers rather than what their PR department thought were the core needs and the price point is what made it sucessful imo. Weather they stumbled into or designed that strategy i couldnt tell you but its worked.

As for the upgraded Neo ill make my mind up about it when i know more about it. Really were still in the dark as of exactly what it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

EoinHef wrote: »
    Well really it couldnt have come out at the start if they wanted to meet the €400 price point. Dont forget why Sony sold a lot more consoles than MS this time,they produced the more powerful console and it was also the CHEAPER console which immediately gave it a much better,and performance wise desrved,image among gamers. Appealing to the core needs of gamers rather than what their PR department thought were the core needs and the price point is what made it sucessful imo. Weather they stumbled into or designed that strategy i couldnt tell you but its worked.

As for the upgraded Neo ill make my mind up about it when i know more about it. Really were still in the dark as of exactly what it will be.
    Yeah, the question is at what price point do people who are open to the upgrade say 'no thank you' to the Neo.

I'd say for myself €400 would be what I'd be willing to pay for a PS4 Neo. Any more than that I'll have to hold off until it comes into that range. I am guessing 1tb will be the minimum hard drive size. If it was 500gb that would be a no go for me also.

The thing is there has not been an official unveiling so we dont know exact spec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

The thing is there has not been an official unveiling so we dont know exact spec

It's almost certain that the leak is correct

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    It's almost certain that the leak is correct

Ah i know its almost certain following the leak. BUT still no official word has me curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They may bump up the clock speeds if there is a bit of head room like MS did with the One shortly before release to close the gap on the PS4. Things like that can be changed in a BIOS setting flash with no need for any hardware changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

Ah i know its almost certain following the leak. BUT still no official word has me curious

Sounds like some keen detective work will be required...

Kentar wrote: »
    Sounds like some keen detective work will be required...

Yup me and your sister will have to put our heads together and try to "solve" the mystery ken

Yup me and your sister will have to put our heads together and try to "solve" the mystery ken

That's called reproduction - not quite a mystery - but if you haven't figured that one out yet, you mail need to have a stern word with the milkman ;)

• Advertisement

That's called reproduction - not quite a mystery - but if you haven't figured that one out yet, you mail need to have a stern word with the milkman ;)

Pfft milkman. Who uses milkmen these days. If you can milk a cat kenneth, or milk someone you knows sister.

Glad your reaching out over boards

Pfft milkman. Who uses milkmen these days. If you can milk a cat kenneth, or milk someone you knows sister.

Glad you're reaching out over boards

FYP. You're welcome :)

FYP. You're welcome :)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA and you using that as a comeback... you are losing it kenneth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Banter"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA and you using that as a comeback... you are losing it kenneth

But I've taught you something new - it's like watching a monkey use tools for the first time ;)

But I've taught you something new - it's like watching a monkey use tools for the first time ;)

Your sister calls me her monkey :) she loves to play hide the banana ;)

On topic anyone think sony will announce at tokyo game show

anyone think sony will announce at tokyo game show

They might give an update, but I'd be surprised if they give final specs. Chances are they'll want to match Scorpio.

They might give an update, but I'd be surprised if they give final specs. Chances are they'll want to match Scorpio.

Probably

Your sister calls me her monkey :) she loves to play hide the banana ;)

She told me that - she's not sure how many more she'll manage to pack up your arse- but sure each to their own eh? ;)
    Anyone think sony will announce at tokyo game show

Your impending console related bankruptcy? Circa 2017 :)

She told me that - she's not sure how many more she'll manage to pack up your arse- but sure each to their own eh? ;)

Your impending console related bankruptcy? Circa 2017 :)

*snip*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Please take this to PM Dark-Knight and Kentar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Well no, PS4 is PS4, you know the new high end PS4 is still PS4, so you know the lifecycle is not going to be shorter

*interview*

It doesn't sound like there will be a PS4 Neo announcement anytime soon. Could this be coming way later than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It doesn't sound like there will be a PS4 Neo announcement anytime soon. Could this be coming way later than expected.

I can't listen to the interview at work but what does he say that suggests they won't announce it soon?

Based on the recent Andrew House interview where he mentions Apple's 'Available Now' approach to releases, I expect the Neo to be announced very close to its eventual release date. There are still strong rumours of an October/Novemeber release so TGS may be the best bet.

Interview article

Otacon wrote: »
    I can't listen to the interview at work but what does he say that suggests they won't announce it soon?

Based on the recent Andrew House interview where he mentions Apple's 'Available Now' approach to releases, I expect the Neo to be announced very close to its eventual release date. There are still strong rumours of an October/Novemeber release so TGS may be the best bet.

Interview article

interviewer: Are we going to find out more about Playstation 4 Neo anytime soon?

Shuhei: Well, we are not talking about the new high end PS4 that we are working on. When we have enough information on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »

Interview article

The october/november dates were mostly driven by the leaked requirements for a neo mode, with people assuming that the requirement would immediately precede the console. Personally think that it would originally have been 3-4 months after the requirement putting it in early Q1.

There were also rumour mentioning a 2016 release but those could have just been based on the october requirement.

Neo has definitely been push back or shelved, Sony don't gain anything releasing sooner at lower spec. If they release near the scorpio at similar spec then the momentum by from the launch PS4 could carry them on rather than fighting up hill against a higher spec competition.

The PS3 and 360 had artificially long lives after being launched during a recession, the scorpio release will put the ONE at the same age as the OG Xbox on the 360s release. Might be better for Sony to wait out the Scorpio and announce a PS5 shortly after or near its release.

Varik wrote: »
    The PS3 and 360 had artificially long lives after being launched during a recession, the scorpio release will put the ONE at the same age as the OG Xbox on the 360s release. Might be better for Sony to wait out the Scorpio and announce a PS5 shortly after or near its release.

The 360 and PS3 were launched on the back end of the boom, people were running out to buy HDTVs and Plasmas for them at the time. There was no recession in sight when they launched. I remember paying €1,100 for 26" 720p HDTV in the January sales of 2006 and all.

It was the recession that came later on in the back half of 2008 that extended their lives though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'd still put money on Neos being this year. I would say it'll release either with the last guardian, or maybe to go with call of duty or something big.

I'd still put money on Neos being this year. I would say it'll release either with the last guardian, or maybe to go with call of duty or something big.

With MS after showing their hand first and what we know of the Neo it would be very foolish of Sony to go ahead with the Neo as is.

Sony have 2 realistic options now.
    1) Go ahead with the Neo and pitch it directly against the One S while announcing another new system to take on Scorpio head on.

2) Delay Neo, re design it and release mid/late 2017 to go against the Scorpio and leave the One S to it's fate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I remember paying €1,100 for 26" 720p HDTV in the January sales of 2006 and all.

Wow that's insane. I remember being in the cinema with my ex and then realising I could go buy a HDTV right after the movie. Bought a 32" 1080i Sony Bravia for about €600. That must have been 2007/2008.

Advertisement