Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier Broadband

Options
  • 25-03-2016 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was thinking about getting broadband with Premier Broadband. (http://www.premierbb.ie/) My house is about 7km from the transmitter in Ardagh.

Has anybody any experience of this supplier? Is the broadband service reliable? What kind of speeds are you getting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

TheBody wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was thinking about getting broadband with Premier Broadband. (http://www.premierbb.ie/) My house is about 7km from the transmitter in Ardagh.

Has anybody any experience of this supplier? Is the broadband service reliable? What kind of speeds are you getting?

Don't know about them, are you near cairn hill? Recently moved near and use Iona Arden from there.
    Quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭TheBody

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, according to their map, my house is outside their coverage area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

TheBody wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, according to their map, my house is outside their coverage area.

There is a guy I know from Kenagh, he designs and builds websites, he uses his connection from Ardagh mountain.
    If you like I can pm you his name and number. His main office is in Longford town though and he uses line based broadband there.
    Not sure whether there is more than one provider there on Ardagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

Ripplecom and Premier both operate from Ardagh Mountain, i used to be a ripplecom customer and for about 18 months it was great, 8mb down 1mb up 24x7, but about 6 months ago it deteriorated as they saturated the mast. I stuck with it for about 3-4 months going through a complains process with them but in the end ditched them.

A customer of mine in Ardagh has premier and its no better, during the day he'll get 4-5mb on a nominal 10mb connection, in the evening it drops to 1-2mb.

Sorry for the bad news, but better for you to know now than to get hooked up in a 12 month contract.

XDA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭TheBody

XDA wrote: »
    Ripplecom and Premier both operate from Ardagh Mountain, i used to be a ripplecom customer and for about 18 months it was great, 8mb down 1mb up 24x7, but about 6 months ago it deteriorated as they saturated the mast. I stuck with it for about 3-4 months going through a complains process with them but in the end ditched them.

A customer of mine in Ardagh has premier and its no better, during the day he'll get 4-5mb on a nominal 10mb connection, in the evening it drops to 1-2mb.

Sorry for the bad news, but better for you to know now than to get hooked up in a 12 month contract.

XDA

To be honest, that's not as bad as I was expecting!!

I currently live about 1km from Mullingar. I have fixed landline broadband with vodafone and get around 1-2mb. Frequently it simply doesn't work at all.

I have been asking in the locality about wimax. It seems that they provide around 1-2mb too. They are cheaper though, so I'll probably end up going with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement