Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group travelling websites

Options
  • 25-03-2016 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to start going on group travel packages, i.e I leave on my own but join a group on the same tour.

Can anyone recommend any decent websites?

The only one Im aware of is Exodus Travel but am a bit conscious of the age groups, Im in my early 30s and still might be too young for some of the groups. Not 100% on that though.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Intrepid or gadventures... I'm 33 and have used both in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JustDee

Contiki is another one which specifically caters for groups between 18-35 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I've used both intrepid and exodus. On the intrepid one I went to in Vietnam I was the only Irish person whereas on the exodus tour last year there were 3 Irish people mid-late 30's - early forties. The group had people from late 20's - late 60's and the group dynamic was great.v the majority were 30's - 40,s. Most were solo, professional people so fairly similar in outlook. Did the walking and sightseeing in the day and enjoyed the meals, few beers at night without going overboard

There will be certain tours that attract different age groups, for example I looked at booking one for cycling in Italy and the agent told me it would not suit me, as the other people booked on were all couples in their 70's. Also some of the longer and more expensive trips will have older people - they are the only ones who can afford it.

Exodus, intrepid, Dragoman if you like over landing Trek America 18-38 and grand American adventures- all age groups. I'm going with Grand American adventures in June, they will actually tell you what type of group is already booked in, as will Exodus and also if there are any other solo travellers on that departure.

Being single I missed out in a lot of travel as most of my friends are either coupled up or can't afford to go where I would like to visit.

Best thing I ever did! I go twice a year now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I never thought of exodus tours.. must look them up. I 100% agree with anewme its the best thing you will ever do. travelling solo/ with tour groups is becoming increasingly popular.

In relation to Contiki, its is known to attract a younger crowd with a partying theme at times.. there is also an Australian company with a similar rep..Mod-snip>, add here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Thanks everyone! Great Im going to get stuck in now and start exploring where to go! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If you're looking for something off the beaten track try Young Pioneer Tours.

I went to North Korea with them last year. Good mix of people,very well organised and competitiveley priced. I'm going to Iran with them in October.

Advertisement