Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Configuration problem for Windows 8.1

Options
  • 25-03-2016 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I recently bought a Sony Av Receiver and with some Wharfedale speakers.

I have my PC hooked up to my TV in the living room.

I decided today to configure my speakers in order to achieve 5.1 surround sound in my living room. So i opened up the speaker setup within Windows and chose 5.1 out of the list that was there.

When i press test, i could hear audio from the front left, centre and front right speakers. No audio from the rear speakers and subwoofer. In fact the audio which was intended to come from the rear left speaker instead came from the front left speaker. And the same happened on the right.

This is my cable setup: I have a hdmi cable coming from my graphic's card in my pc to my TV and an optical (spdif) cable coming from the TV going to the AV receiver. On the AV receiver display it says Linear PCM when connected.

I've searched google for a solution but to no avail.

Please can somebody help me with this, i don't know how solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is it possible to route your HDMI via the Sony?

Gfx Card --> Receiver --> TV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I don't think optical can carry more than 2.1 in pcm

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Munster D 187

Thanks very much lads for yer fast replies. The hdmi cable ,connected to my pc, wasn't long enough to reach my Sony av receiver. So i moved my pc closer and then connected the HDMI directly to the av receiver and in turn connected another HDMI from the av receiver to the TV.

I tried the test again and success!!!

All speakers were sounding fine, thanks Lads.

Advertisement