Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AOC 23" with Speakers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I have no idea of almost anything you said, but waiting for Polaris/Pascal in the summer may give you better value for money in a VR card. That being said the 980Ti should have no issues at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I have no gaming/VR PC at the moment.

I have a Small form factor mitx PC and a monitor mounted beside my bed.

Afg9ewM.jpg?1

I like browsing the internet on a desktop class PC and monitor as opposed to an underpowered overheating small screened laptop while relaxing on the bed day or night.

However, I am building a Gaming/VR PC very soon before my Oculus Rift arrives.

This will go on a Desk at the other end of the room.

The SFF mITX PC and ancient 2005 era Dell 2405FPW Monitor I currently use thats pictured above will be given to a family member.

While It will be much healthier for me to be sitting at a desk when using the new PC during the day as opposed to lying on the bed like I've been doing for years (Not good for the back), I still want the option of being able to browse the internet while tucked in at night. But I don't have that Bedside PC anymore. I'll have given it to the family member.

So aswell as the AOC monitor linked above that I'll purchase for the new gaming/VR PC that will reside on the desk. I want a second one to mount bedside. The beauty of these particular monitors is the speakers and headphone socket. So despite my actual Creative i-Trigue 2.1 PC speakers moving over to the desk beside the new PC, I'll still have access to sound from the bedside monitor when I'm using it to watch youtube vids, or TV Shows from the server or....whatever ;)

All fine so far. Its basically just a multi monitor setup with the display cloned except instead of both monitors being on the same desk right beside each other, they'll be at opposite ends of the room effectively. Only problem is that I don't want to run a 10m HDMI or Display Port cable from the new VR PC on the desk all the way to the back of the room.

Hence, I'm asking about WIDI. Which is a feature of certain Intel Chipsets and CPU's which sends the PC to Monitor HDMI signal wirelessly.

I want to know do my selected components have it? What to I need to purchase to plug into the bedside monitor in order to receive that signal? Has anyone here ever used WIDI functionality? Does it work well or is it another one of those features that never works right and is more hassle than its worth? I'd prefer not to have to lift carpets to run a long cable if I don't have to.

Hows that for a TLDR thats longer than the original!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I understand the problem now but can offer no further help :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

You should be capable of WIDI, I just don't know what adaptor is required to do it :p
    After all, a Skylake Z170 system is most definitely capable of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd do a linus, run this over optical Thunderbolt.

https://youtu.be/NshXgisNly4?t=632

One cable and you can connect displays and peripherals anywhere you need em.

• Advertisement
Advertisement