Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money taken from account

• 26-03-2016 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I was looking up my online banking this morning. I noticed a payment of €29.95 taken from my account on 22/03/16. I didn't recognize the name on the transaction. I looked back further and on last months statement an identical transaction was placed.

I've checked my emails to see if I bought anything online or signed up to anything but I can't find anything. I haven't bought anything online off a different site in months.

Can I get this money back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Depends if it's a direct debit or a standing order. If it's the former, you probably can, the latter, probably not.

But it's all moot until you find out where it's actually going

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It appears to have been taken from my card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Since it's such a specific amount, and monthly, it sounds like a mobile carrier charge, or similar?

Perhaps it was something you setup last year that had first 12 months free?

All guesses of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

You can give them a call and they will tell you more about it. Had something similar I couldn't remember and the transaction overview made no sense, but when I called them they gave me more details so I was able to figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Would it be gym membership? They often use cards as a way of taking money out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I've googled the transaction name and it just shows a generic payment system. Sort of like Paypal.

It's nothing to do with a mobile carrier or a gym membership. I'm not that healthy ;).

I'll give them a shout now and see what's what.

Advertisement