Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any sample rent review template letter available?

Options
  • 26-03-2016 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I could find a standard rent review letter to be used to advise a tenant of a change to monthly rent on a Private Rented Residential Property compliant to the changes in legislation with regard to minimum notice introduced last year?
    I looked on PRTB site and another few sites but couldn't find one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

This website discuss rent increase letters

http://www.wmsltd.ie/residentials/landlord-resources

Remember that the 28 day notice doesn't include the day it was issued on. So if you issue it on the 1st of April, the rent increase is effective on the 29th and not the 28th of April.

I would also attempt to justify the increase eg your higher taxation burden, recent updates to the property etc. Tenants are less hostile to rent increases when they think you arent just being greedy. But because you are now paying more taxes than when they moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭carrickbawn

Can someone advise me if I need to give 30 days or 90 days notice of a rent increase. Have not increased rent in 5 years and taxes etc are forcing a hike. It's not in a pressure zone Thank you in advance.. Have looked but conflicting info everywhere I look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Sarn

It's now 90 days notice.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Aemtler

https://www.rtb.ie/dispute-resolution/dispute-resolution/the-three-stages-of-a-tenancy/rent-reviews

Click on the word link in the attached link for the rtb sample wording. 3 comparative properties are still required.

• Advertisement

Aemtler wrote: »
    https://www.rtb.ie/dispute-resolution/dispute-resolution/the-three-stages-of-a-tenancy/rent-reviews

Click on the word link in the attached link for the rtb sample wording. 3 comparative properties are still required.

How do I provide this as the comparibles are not on daft anymore but anything that was available in that complex recently was higher rent than I am asking for in increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

How do I provide this as the comparibles are not on daft anymore but anything that was available in that complex recently was higher rent than I am asking for in increase.

It doesn't need to be in the same complex, just of a similar character in a similar area.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

It doesn't need to be in the same complex, just of a similar character in a similar area.

Within the last 4 weeks.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Very difficult in some areas. In Kilkee in Co. Clare, there are no houses advertised to let and haven't been for quite some months.

Advertisement