Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torx screwdriver for ps4

Options
  • 26-03-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get Torx screwdriver for opening PS4? Seems I need Tr8 or tr9.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I know maplins do sets but they are not cheap. Also amazon do them.

You mind if i ask why your taking it apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Thanks. Don't see any on Maplins site. The sets seem to have the normal Torx, not the ones with hole in centre. Was hoping to get one locally rather than online. I found a set in Woodies that had the right size bit I think but it was 32 euro, so didn't want to spend that much!

Looking for these to clean out PS4 fan as has gotten Very Loud lately.

If they are that expensive in woodies ther likely to cost a fortune in maplins. A lot of money for something that probably wont see a lot of use.

Id get it on amazon man,its likely to cost you less than €10 on there for the one you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ones with the hole are called security torx. I got a set like this before for £5 years ago on eBay, should get something similar somewhere...

Phone local hardware and ask, usually way cheaper than the big chains for odd bits.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PIECES-SECURITY-TORX-SCREWDRIVERS-BITS/dp/B002QPHK3C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

vicadd wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get Torx screwdriver for opening PS4? Seems I need Tr8 or tr9.

Try a proper tool shop, they usually sell them individually or the bit/set of same. Got a set a while back in McQuillans in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Looks like Maplins do have a set like you got Keith186;
    http://www.maplin.ie/p/33-piece-security-bit-set-a87qu

Will give local hardware a try.

Sorted- Hardware shop in Donaghmede
    Same set for 13 in Maplins, was only 5 Euro (reduced from 8).
    Case opened, dust removed, hopefully it helps with the fan noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

If you are not in a hurry try Ali express

Seeet,thats a nice price to get a set for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

For future reference... Aldi sell the sets with bits quite regular ,cheaply with loads of different security bits included . I used these sets regular for stripping ps3's .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

vicadd wrote: »
    Sorted- Hardware shop in Donaghmede
    Same set for 13 in Maplins, was only 5 Euro (reduced from 8).
    Case opened, dust removed, hopefully it helps with the fan noise.

They have everything in that little shop and far cheaper than most places.

Advertisement