Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow Tattoo Feedback

Options
  • 26-03-2016 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I'm just asking if anyone has had their eyebrows tattooed and could recommend a professional permanent cosmetic makeup artist??

I'm just starting my research do any feedback would be grately appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jkw2016 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm just asking if anyone has had their eyebrows tattooed and could recommend a professional permanent cosmetic makeup artist??

I'm just starting my research do any feedback would be grately appreciated!

Seriously considering getting featherblade brows myself. Vicki Notaro did a very good piece on her experience with it in the Indo a while back, let me see if I can find a link.

Here we are: http://www.independent.ie/style/the-now-brows-does-eyebrow-embroidery-give-fuller-eyebrows-34377843.html

Star Chic also did an article on them recently, but it doesn't seem to be online.

I plan to go for a couple of different consultations as prices and results seem to vary wildly - the place that did Notaro's say results last from 12-18 months whereas the clinic featured in Star Chic said 4-5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Seriously considering getting featherblade brows myself. Vicki Notaro did a very good piece on her experience with it in the Indo a while back, let me see if I can find a link.

Here we are: http://www.independent.ie/style/the-now-brows-does-eyebrow-embroidery-give-fuller-eyebrows-34377843.html

Star Chic also did an article on them recently, but it doesn't seem to be online.

I plan to go for a couple of different consultations as prices and results seem to vary wildly - the place that did Notaro's say results last from 12-18 months whereas the clinic featured in Star Chic said 4-5 years.

i have to say I really don't like the way her brows turned out in that article! The strokes look far too thick to be mistaken for natural hairs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

also bear in mind that your skin pigment can change as you get older so a suitable colour now might not be in a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Arkady

what happens when bushy eyebrows go out of fashion again ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I personally would never get them but I have fairly thick eyebrows anyway.

I only know one girl who got it done. She is naturally very fair and was sick of drawing them on. Just in her case, the day she got them done, they looked too harsh and she panicked and dyed her hair darker to get them to match. They faded nicely though after about a week so she didnt need to dye her hair. The reason i am saying that is because in her case they were quite dark for the first week, just in case you get a shock and drastically end up also changing your hair colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Arkady wrote:
    what happens when bushy eyebrows go out of fashion again ?

These aren't permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just bumping this...

I have alopecia (of the eyebrows only) and am looking to get this done... Want to go somewhere that's seriously good and can make them look natural. I'm a guy and I want to get them done more for restoring the natural look rather than going for a preening/beauty reason if that makes sense? Hence the reason looking for someone highly recommended and will take it seriously...

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I got mine done a few years ago...they were ridiculously dark for a week or so (I took the week off work in anticipation and wore a hat outdoors).

They were perfect afterwards, perfect size and shape for my face and not at all 'trendy' just what suited me.

It's well worn off now but luckily my eyebrows have grown a lot in the few years since. I still use a brow brush though.

Anyway PM me for the name of the place. I don't think I can name a place on here.

Thanks,

Piper

Ps I'm in no way affiliated. I did go back for eyeliner which didn't really work on me since I've dark lashes anyway and haven't been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I have heard that "Pretty Nails" in Stillorgan also do tattooing of eyebrows where these have faded or gone bald owing to radiation treatments, illness, etc.

They are very expert practitioners in the manicure line, and very ethical: so I'd expect their skill would be to a high standard. Photos on their facebook page of "3D" eyebrows looking perfect.

PS It's not me or any relation etc, but they are local in my area and very well spoken of.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I've seen a few pictures on Instagram from the makeup academy and she seems to do pretty decent jobs. Could be worth checking out? Also maybe try googling embrowdery looks really real looking! Hope you find something suitable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I do these myself, and have seen some "well known" salons work up close and have been absolutely horrified. Don't trust photos you see online. Go in for a consultation, see if people have left actual reviews. Ive seen respected brow artists work that have gone way too deep, and the ink has changed colour.

Also, there's no harm asking to see the cert of qualification as I know a lot of salons are working on clients before completing entire course

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

.ak wrote: »
    Just bumping this...

I have alopecia (of the eyebrows only) and am looking to get this done... Want to go somewhere that's seriously good and can make them look natural. I'm a guy and I want to get them done more for restoring the natural look rather than going for a preening/beauty reason if that makes sense? Hence the reason looking for someone highly recommended and will take it seriously...

Any recommendations?

Up to my eyes in Greystones is meant to be fantastic. Not had it done myself but have seen thier work and it looks great.

Advertisement