Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping Electrical Waste in D16

Options
  • 26-03-2016 2:19pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Where is best to do it?

I have a lot of old electrical devices, printers etc that I want to dump because they are not worth much and are either broken or have little worth.

I don't drive so taking them down to ballyogan wood is not really practical and I know I'm not allowed to just throw them in my rubbish bin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Do you have a Power City or DID near you? All electrical retailers will take them as part of their WEEE agreement, even bring 1 down per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also check your county council webpage. Mine has special days in a supermarket car park near me where they take stuff.

Some will be picked up for free by people on the likes of adverts. You do not want a bunch of pickers & choosers, trick is to say they have to take the lot or nothing. The ones in the business of refurbing should gladly take the lot as they are used to disposing of the unwanted stuff.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I'm near Dundrum. I'll have a look and see what I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

rubadub wrote: »
    Also check your county council webpage. Mine has special days in a supermarket car park near me where they take stuff.

And the WEEE crowd also do one-off collection days at designated spots where they will take all electrical appliances and batteries though there's none listed for Dublin though to the end of April....

http://www.weeeireland.ie/collections/public-collections-day/

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Harvey Norman Nutgrove take them

• Advertisement
Advertisement