Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glashaboy River in glanmire

• 26-03-2016 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Where would we fish this river? Would it be at the park in Riverstown above the weir. I was walking the park today looking for possible fly fishing spots and I saw a nice pool where the stream joins the river at the corner of the park. Is this where we would fish or is there other places? Is it club run as I can't find anything on Google? Are there good numbers of sea trout there?

Thank You,
    Olly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Yes an excellent river had many a good night there sea trout fishing and have seen some fish both salmon and trout that would be close to double figures

Problem is it gets poached , when water is low the fish have no where to hide , believe it or not I seen a lad with a spear gun last year casually walking up and down the river

Ifi do try and patrol the river but don't stand much chance with the level of poaching that goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FlyBoy1234

popsy09 wrote: »
    Yes an excellent river had many a good night there sea trout fishing and have seen some fish both salmon and trout that would be close to double figures

Problem is it gets poached , when water is low the fish have no where to hide , believe it or not I seen a lad with a spear gun last year casually walking up and down the river

Ifi do try and patrol the river but don't stand much chance with the level of poaching that goes on

Thanks. So your saying that the fishing has declined?

If you get your timing right you can get a fish of a lifetime

The fishing has not declined but the poaching is only getting worse

Thanks so where would I fish the river like where could I fly fish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭realrebel

You can fish anywhere along the park there are only small gaps to fish in but they give great cover
    You can try closer down to the tide there is a field called days field
    I used to fish this river 4 or 5 nites a week but as popsy says it's poached to death

• Advertisement

realrebel wrote:
    You can fish anywhere along the park there are only small gaps to fish in but they give great cover You can try closer down to the tide there is a field called days field I used to fish this river 4 or 5 nites a week but as popsy says it's poached to death

Ok thanks for that. I was walking it. It looks like there is a nice pool where the river and the stream meet in the park and I saw the fishable gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Would you catch white trout there during the day in a flood? or is it strictly a night time thing?

Would you catch white trout there during the day in a flood? or is it strictly a night time thing?

It's a lot harder to get them during the day ya never know will they take or not

I spent hours landing flies in front of fish and they wouldn't give it a second look other days first cast and they take it

Night time is definitely more productive though

Advertisement