Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid 3 months late reason enough for explaining error at work?

Options
  • 26-03-2016 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm working abroad since last December, I like the job most of the time but basically I worry a lot about everything so I have no idea if I am over reacting to what might happen me for messing up at work.

I made a mistake that was unintentional and wasn't that big of a mistake but I'm just really worried about it because it was when I was working with someone who isn't that friendly/nice. The mistake in the grand scheme of things isn't that big and I didn't make the mistake from not caring about work it was just an accident.

I'm in college in Ireland and I'm working abroad as part of an erasmus like program as part of my course.

It's hard to describe the mistake but basically I got confused as to what name I was on, in a sheet full of names that I have to contact. I have about 19 of these sheets and it was just one sheet I got confused. The people I have to contact aren't customers or anything so there's no way me getting confused could have bad repercussions.

Since starting in late December I wasn't paid each month until a couple of weeks ago, despite bringing up my pay to them several times.

Is this delay in pay (three months) justification enough or reason enough for me not to get fired over messing up something that has no real repercussions.

I know a more reasonable person wouldn't even consider the possibility of getting fired over the mistake I made but I worry so much and come to the worst case scenario about everything.

Any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not in Ireland?
    Nobody has complained to you?
    No disciplinary meeting?

Stop worrying, and if you have reason to worry in future you should seek advice from somebody familiar with employment rights locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I wouldn't worry about it. Contact the person now if you can, or put it behind you and try to forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Hi,

I'm working abroad since last December, I like the job most of the time but basically I worry a lot about everything so I have no idea if I am over reacting to what might happen me for messing up at work.

I made a mistake that was unintentional and wasn't that big of a mistake but I'm just really worried about it because it was when I was working with someone who isn't that friendly/nice. The mistake in the grand scheme of things isn't that big and I didn't make the mistake from not caring about work it was just an accident.

I'm in college in Ireland and I'm working abroad as part of an erasmus like program as part of my course.

It's hard to describe the mistake but basically I got confused as to what name I was on, in a sheet full of names that I have to contact. I have about 19 of these sheets and it was just one sheet I got confused. The people I have to contact aren't customers or anything so there's no way me getting confused could have bad repercussions.

Since starting in late December I wasn't paid each month until a couple of weeks ago, despite bringing up my pay to them several times.

Is this delay in pay (three months) justification enough or reason enough for me not to get fired over messing up something that has no real repercussions.

I know a more reasonable person wouldn't even consider the possibility of getting fired over the mistake I made but I worry so much and come to the worst case scenario about everything.

Any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!

sounds like payroll was just delayed, if they spotted your problem i have a feeling they would have talked to you about it.

try not to stress and keep working away.

Advertisement