Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany vs England Friendly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

WHAT A GOAL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What a fcking goal

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Cracking finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What a way to get your first England goal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Vardy :)

Triffic goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd love to see Vardy get his first international goal right now. It'd be great for his his confidence as an England player.

Boom!

"Kwality" (As Rafa Benitez might say)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Roy of the Rovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Surely Kane and Vardy to start in the Euros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Fantastic move, and what a finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

if I didn't know any better I'd think this game actually mattered they way they are celebrating on the bench and in the stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

That just brings a smile to your face, outrageous piece of skill. You'd hate to see Rooney back for either United or England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Great ball in by Clyne, superb finish by Vardy. Well deserved equaliser, England been good going forward,pace, bit of trickery here and there. They'll always concede but they'll definitely give teams plenty of headaches.

vidor wrote: »

A hyper-loyal Roy might find the retro charm of a Rooney/Welbeck combo irresistible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

vidor wrote: »

You would have to think so. Welbeck isn't nearly clinical enough to be starting for a contender in the Euros. Sturridge can't be relied upon. Rooney has been out of form for some time now. The choice is obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

glued wrote: »
    The choice is obvious.
    Yep, fairly obvious.

Rooney to start, Jermaine Defoe as back up ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If Germany scored that goal people would be raving about how technically brilliant the Germans are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd say some of that had been down to some odd errors on the German part, not through particularly brilliant pressing by England, just a few bad mistakes.

I'd say in general play they've been outclassed pretty comprehensively. Anything other than a counter attacking or capitalising on mistakes has been lacking.

England have no interest controlling general play or possession. They're tactic, quite blatantly, is to nick the ball and counter as directly as possible.

Also, Germany's goals, arguably, we're both mistakes - Butland getting injured and not kicking it out, and Cahill getting caught completely under the ball for the second.

As I say, Germany are better, but England are not being outclassed.

Haha.

Yeah but itll be Kane, Vardy, Sturridge and Rooney taken as the four strikers. Hopefully in that order. Welbeck will likely be taken too as he can play out wide and Roy likes him.

England should be winning this!

Oh my god Alli. He does the spectacular but can't score in to an open net.

• Advertisement

Germany can't handle the pace and power of Barkley, Vardy, Kane and Alli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

which team are being outclassed again? I cant remember

That's a shocking miss. Alli has been great all night but that one will haunt him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

What a miss from Alli.

That's his England career over. He'll be substituted now, injury or shame.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Oh my god Alli. He does the spectacular but can't score in to an open net.

It looked like it bobbed up as he was hitting it, but should have still scored, awful miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

England could win the tournament but it would involve vardy starting.
    When rooney comes back roy will pick him and the team will go to ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

England looking and passing it very smartly.
    They've been a team of individuals for a long time, but this group of players are looking very promising.

What a miss from Alli.

That's his England career over. He'll be substituted now, injury or shame.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Well played sir. :P

England are battering Germany here
    Germans look out on there feet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

SlickRic wrote: »
    England have no interest controlling general play or possession. They're tactic, quite blatantly, is to nick the ball and counter as directly as possible.

Also, Germany's goals, arguably, we're both mistakes - Butland getting injured and not kicking it out, and Cahill getting caught completely under the ball for the second.

As I say, Germany are better, but England are not being outclassed.

But it's also to defend and they've looked poor in that area. Germany, when they were at it at least, found holes in the English press time and time again.

While it's OK for a team to play on the counter playing that way for 90 minutes is unrealistic, you need periods of possession and they've struggled on that front particularly when the German press was at its most aggressive.

Certainly there are positives for England here but I'm not convinced. A team that relies on athletes will always be beaten when it matters by a good football team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Vardy is such a pest ( in a good way )

A team that relies on athletes will always be beaten when it matters by a good football team.

Because Kane and Vardy both scored jammy deflected tap ins that required no skill. Just a bunch of athletes really. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Rooney shouldn't even be on the plane to Euro 16 based on Vardy and Kane performance this season and copperfastened tonight.

There is simply no argument for bringing .

Even if he had been on form, he has rarely done it in the big tournaments for England and with him being injured and his pretty forgettable season thus far even when not injured means his inclusion will be more do to with name than his actual usefulness

There we go!

Great goal.....

I still think Germany have played better for the most part, but Germany cannot handle England's pressing game.
    Flakey.

England should be winning this!

They are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The English hype machine is ready for take-off after this result.

Deserved.

Oh my god!

No coincidence it's the Spurs and Leicester players winning this for England. That's a good header!

they've been outclassed pretty comprehensively.
    Comprehensively outclassed.

You were saying? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Kirby wrote: »
    Because Kane and Vardy both scored jammy deflected tap ins that required no skill. Just a bunch of athletes really. :rolleyes:

Haha what do you think they are? Their strength is their athletic ability, Kane is the most typical English number 9 you'll ever see and Vardy's strengths are pace and tenacity (though his movement there was quite good). If you can't tell the difference between a player whose strengths are technical quality and a player whose strengths are athleticism then you're not worth my time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Waits for anderonisagod to say it was offside........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Baptism of fire for the future best CB in the world Jonathan Tah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Germany more or less can't defend. Ruddiger gets a game for them afterall :rolleyes:

England to win the Euro's, get on the bus

Haha what do you think they are? Their strength is their athletic ability, Kane is the most typical English number 9 you'll ever see and Vardy's strengths are pace and tenacity (though his movement there was quite good). If you can't tell the difference between a player whose strengths are technical quality and a player whose strengths are athleticism then you're not worth my time.

Dig upwards man. Dig upwards.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Sweet goal. English media gonna pump up their chances no end now...

A team that relies on athletes will always be beaten when it matters by a good football team.

England are not just reliant on athletes. If you're honest, they've played some smashing football in parts tonight.

Kirby wrote: »
    You were saying? :P

Must have meant Germany

Pep guardiola had a lot to answer for after turning this Germany team into a bunch of chumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I expect the English tabloids to treat this win in a calm but pleased manner.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement