Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany vs England Friendly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The guy who on more than one occasion has not only quoted guillem balague is now going to say hes a quality journalist, the question really I want to ask are you are world soccer magazine fan or match magazine. Id ask my nephew which is better but I think you read them more in depth plus hes always chasing girls, he is 15 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Haha do you really think so? I'll use a world class forward as a comparison since that's the class that most see Kane in now. If Kane had the same physical capacities as Luis Suarez do you think he'd be playing at Spurs? Do you think he'd be in the Premier League? Suarez is a guy with minimal pace, he's not particularly tall or incredibly strong. What he's got going for him is remarkable technical skills and he's surely one of the most clever footballers I've ever seen. He's an example of footballing ability taking precedence over athletic ability.

By the way I'm not even saying that being more athlete than footballer is a bad thing. My favourite player is Drogba, incredibly skilled but definitely someone whose athleticism was key for.

I can point out ridiculous words in every single post of yours. But that's for another day.

Where was Suarez when he was 22? Give it a few years time and Kane won't be playing at Spurs.

You really think Kane plays for Spurs only because he is physically very strong player? And then you say you watched him very extensively.

Also not sure why you compared or brought Suarez name out of nowhere. Player doesn't have to be in extremes, either world class or just physically strong player.

You are digging a very deep hole with all your assumptions, at least I didn't say Kane is world class as I'm least interested in debates with useless terms.

Btw still didn't see what "typical english striker"is according to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It is utterly tiresome at this stage that any match thread that has any perceived connection to Pep and his football style, turns into a love in from Andersonisgod, dismissing any their football style and dominating the thread(post count wise) with his agenda. Has the match even been discussed in the last few pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Again putting words in my mouth that I absolutely dud nit say. It's be becoming a running theme.

If you really think his strength isn't his athleticism then there's really no point in speaking with you. The guy plays as a line striker precisely because of his athleticism qualities, his movement is decent, I wouldn't say his football brain is anything to write home about to the extent of players like Muller or Suarez.

I didn't say that actually. At no point in my many comments on my thread did I say that. That's not even the point I was making. Please read my comments before responding to them otherwise you're wasting your own time and mine.

Not everyone has to come through La Masia for me to appreciate them and I could give numerous examples of players I appreciate outside of those prototypical Barcelona players. He's a proper Street footballer, all smarts and skills, impossible not to love a player like that.

Again, you're comparing Kane to Muller and Suarez.

If you're talking pure athleticism, compare him to Welbeck.

Your starting point is bullsh1t and useless to proper debate. You've picked two of the most intelligent strikers and make like everyone her is saying Kane is better or something.

People are curious about you because it's fairly obvious that Guardolia's Barca came in your teenage years or so. You don't know as much as you think and truths change over time, very few are absolute. You'll figure that out in a decade or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I can point out ridiculous words in every single post of yours. But that's for another day.

Where was Suarez when he was 22? Give it a few years time and Kane won't be playing at Spurs.

You really think Kane plays for Spurs only because he is physically very strong player? And then you say you watched him very extensively.

Also not sure why you compared or brought Suarez name out of nowhere. Player doesn't have to be in extremes, either world class or just physically strong player.

You are digging a very deep hole with all your assumptions, at least I didn't say Kane is world class as I'm least interested in debates with useless terms.

Go for it. I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Where has this point come from? Tell me where I said Kane won't move on to a bigger club. Either show me where I said that or apologise and admit you haven't read or you haven't understood my posts.

Yes, that's his main strength is his physical attributes. I love that some are treating this like some kind of shock, like if Kane was the same size and speed of Cazorla he'd be playing top flight football. Of course his main strength is his athleticism.

Tell me where I said a physically strong player can't be world class. Show me that quote or apologise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I didn't realise I was doing a full on self-appraisal. Sure I really enjoy mma too. I enjoy foreign films. I have a particular love of Japanese culture. What an odd direction this forum is going in. How about you LiamO, tell me some things about yourself, I want to get to know the guy behind the username.

I'm sure people will take shots at me if I'm arrogant enough to tell them i know more about football than them and start swinging my dick around and dismissing everyone else's opinions as much as you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Haha do you really think so? I'll use a world class forward as a comparison since that's the class that most see Kane in now. If Kane had the same physical capacities as Luis Suarez do you think he'd be playing at Spurs? Do you think he'd be in the Premier League? Suarez is a guy with minimal pace, he's not particularly tall or incredibly strong. What he's got going for him is remarkable technical skills and he's surely one of the most clever footballers I've ever seen. He's an example of footballing ability taking precedence over athletic ability.

You didn't say it. Apologies. I misread your post. (See how I can admit a mistake. Try it sometime)

You still seem to have no ability to judge Kane, or any English players, outside your very dogmatic view of how football 'should' be played. Unless you display technique within tiki-taka, it's like it doesn't really count.

Yes, that's his main strength is his physical attributes. I love that some are treating this like some kind of shock, like if Kane was the same size and speed of Cazorla he'd be playing top flight football. Of course his main strength is his athleticism

It's not his main strength.

Just because it's 'a' strength doesn't mean it's his 'main' one.

Go for it. I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Where has this point come from? Tell me where I said Kane won't move on to a bigger club. Either show me where I said that or apologise and admit you haven't read or you haven't understood my posts.

Yes, that's his main strength is his physical attributes. I love that some are treating this like some kind of shock, like if Kane was the same size and speed of Cazorla he'd be playing top flight football. Of course his main strength is his athleticism.

Tell me where I said a physically strong player can't be world class. Show me that quote or apologise.

Suarez with Suarez physical abilities played in Dutch League and for Liverpool before moving to Barca. Btw, you make it sound as if Suarez is some handicapped player when he is one of the fittest player in the world. So your initial example is wrong.

Apologise? sigh. I'm out. I have one of the cleanest records on boards, don't want to spoil it from someone who is not worth the time.

Btw, when you said Drogba was your childhood hero that answered all my points. Shame I saw it bit late.

Good day.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Again, you're comparing Kane to Muller and Suarez.

If you're talking pure athleticism, compare him to Welbeck.

Your starting point is bullsh1t and useless to proper debate. You've picked two of the most intelligent strikers and make like everyone her is saying Kane is better or something.

People are curious about you because it's fairly obvious that Guardolia's Barca came in your teenage years or so. You don't know as much as you think and truths change over time, very few are absolute. You'll figure that out in a decade or so.

Where's this "better" thing come from. I'm comparing player skillsets, not overall quality. In doing so it's easier to use extreme, well known players as examples so that my post becomes more accessible. It's not about quality, it's about having different attributes and my point really hasn't wavered from that all that much.

Wrong. I know a lot, and I'm very much in touch with the direction of modern football and how it's evolving. I'm not too bad with football past either. Feck it since we're all talking about me anyway, I'm the whole bloody package.

Suarez with Suarez physical abilities played in Dutch League and for Liverpool before moving to Barca. Btw, you make it sound as if Suarez is some handicapped player when he is one of the fittest player in the world. So your initial example is wrong.

Apologise? sigh. I'm out. I have one of the cleanest records on boards, don't want to spoil it from someone who is not worth the time.

Btw, when you said Drogba was your childhood hero that answered all my points. Shame I saw it bit late.

Good day.

Haha what is he first, a player or an athlete? Obviously he's got the physical capacities to play top flight football, he's not a mug from the pub, no professional footballer is, that comparison is ridiculous.

So no apology? That's OK, I know you're apologetic.

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's not his main strength.

Just because it's 'a' strength doesn't mean it's his 'main' one.

OK. If he was the same size and strength of Cazorla would he be playing Premier League football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Some sadcases posting in this thread, Christ.

The most impressive thing regarding Suarez is that he didnt know how to play football at all till he moved to Barcelona, all the goals he got at Ajax and Liverpool were clearly deflections or flukes. Barcelona made him :pac:
    Same applies to Muller till Pep got a hold of him.
    Any who watches Kane whos 22 see a player with world class potential just because hes a premier league player doesnt make it any less so.
    Jamie Vardys technical ability is underrated as well, its not like hes Jesus Navas who literally can just run.

Where's this "better" thing come from. I'm comparing player skillsets, not overall quality. In doing so it's easier to use extreme, well known players as examples so that my post becomes more accessible. It's not about quality, it's about having different attributes and my point really hasn't wavered from that all that much.

Wrong. I know a lot, and I'm very much in touch with the direction of modern football and how it's evolving. I'm not too bad with football past either. Feck it since we're all talking about me anyway, I'm the whole bloody package.

No, your lost nonsensical point is that you prefer players with a technically skillset.

Grand.

You exemplify this by comparing Suarez and Muller to Kane.

Why not someone like David Bentley? - a very technical player.

• Advertisement

Haha what is he first, a player or an athlete? Obviously he's got the physical capacities to play top flight football, he's not a mug from the pub, no professional footballer is, that comparison is ridiculous.

So no apology? That's OK, I know you're apologetic.

So Suarez is a footballer first but Kane is an athlete, or Kane is playing for Spurs only because of his athletic ability? There are some awful points made on boards, this one is very close to top them.

You know that I'm apologetic in the same way you think you know more about football.

Your ability to judge a footballer is exactly like Heskey's ability to trap the ball. Awful.

OK. If he was the same size and strength of Cazorla would he be playing Premier League football?

Probably not. It still doesn't mean it's his main strength though. It's still just a strength.

If Drogba didn't have his strength would he have bbem the footballer he was?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Some sadcases posting in this thread, Christ.

I'm sitting here, trying to gorge of chocolate eggs without feeling shame and there are people on here trying to bring me down. I just want to say to them (via reworked quote) don't you dare be sourced, clap for your andersonisgod and feel the power!

Anyway on that note I'm outta here. It's become too odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astonaidan wrote: »
    The most impressive thing regarding Suarez is that he didnt know how to play football at all till he moved to Barcelona, all the goals he got at Ajax and Liverpool were clearly deflections or flukes. Barcelona made him :pac:
    Same applies to Muller till Pep got a hold of him.
    Any who watches Kane whos 22 see a player with world class potential just because hes a premier league player doesnt make it any less so.
    Jamie Vardys technical ability is underrated as well, its not like hes Jesus Navas who literally can just run.

Hopefully for the sake of his career Kane will sign for City and Pep can make him a proper player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

You didn't say it. Apologies. I misread your post. (See how I can admit a mistake. Try it sometime)

You still seem to have no ability to judge Kane, or any English players, outside your very dogmatic view of how football 'should' be played. Unless you display technique within tiki-taka, it's like it doesn't really count.

Don't you know? We're only allowed to evaluate the technical ability of 'continental' players.

• Advertisement

Probably not. It still doesn't mean it's his main strength though. It's still just a strength.

If Drogba didn't have his strength would he have bbem the footballer he was?

Absolutely not. Without his size, strength and speed he'd never have led the Chelsea line. He might never have gotten out of the French second division. Kane, without his size, strength and power might be a Championship player at best.

Hopefully for the sake of his career Kane will sign for City and Pep can make him a proper player.

Actually he doesnt actually need to sign for them just play in the same league, he did wonders for the German national team that won the world cup, practically made Hummels and Reus the players they are today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

If Suarez had the same pace and stamina as Ozil would he be playing Premier/La Liga football?

Pro. F wrote: »
    If Suarez had the same pace and stamina as Ozil would he be playing Premier/La Liga football?

I don't think that's the question.

astonaidan wrote: »
    Actually he doesnt actually need to sign for them just play in the same league, he did wonders for the German national team that won the world cup, practically made Hummels and Reus the players they are today

Hopefully some Indian team signs Pep on a 1 day or at max 2 day deal, just for some summer camps. At least with his influence I can see India making the world cup or even better it by winning it playing possession football.

I don't think that's the question.

It is the exact same format of question you asked about Kane. And it provides the same answer (no) and the same insight into the player's quality (none).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Kwality thread.

Hopefully some Indian team signs Pep on a 1 day or at max 2 day deal, just for some summer camps. At least with his influence I can see India making the world cup or even better it by winning it playing possession football.

So odd you said you were leaving, instead you gossip about Andersonisgod with a poster I ignore but who still must follow me around the forum.

I want to make clear because this thread has been so ridiculous and because apparently there is a lot of interest in me that hence forth I will only talk football on this Board, I'm tired answering questions about my personal life. I'm also unwilling to speak to people who put words in my mouth or who wish to take quotes out of context. My time is worth more than that.

It is the exact same format of question you asked about Kane. And it provides the same answer (no) and the same insight into the player's quality (none).

Where has this issue of player quality come from? I've asked 2 people on this thread to show me where I said Kane isn't quality. Nobody has done so because it doesn't exist. I'm saying his quality comes from his athleticism. I then state my preference for a different kind of player. Show me where I say otherwise. Go ahead. I'll wait. I'm patient.

So odd you said you were leaving, instead you gossip about Andersonisgod with a poster I ignore but who still must follow me around the forum.

Prove it or apologise.

• Advertisement

Prove it or apologise.

No. I don't do that anymore. I've done my share of proving. Everyone else can catch up.

No. I don't do that anymore. I've done my share of proving. Everyone else can catch up.

So you don't have proof and spouting bs. Not surprised.

in 10 hours time......

k-bigpic.jpg

Absolutely not. Without his size, strength and speed he'd never have led the Chelsea line. He might never have gotten out of the French second division. Kane, without his size, strength and power might be a Championship player at best.

Without Kane's strength, he would not have the time to showcase his vision, timing and shooting accuracy in the same way.

But again, his strength isn't the main reason he's turning into a top player. It's the technical parts of his game, along with his vision and his output in front of goal that are doing that.

To say he's reliant on his athletic ability is misleading. If Suarez didn't get stronger, he wouldn't be where he is. It's just an attribute.

Where has this issue of player quality come from? I've asked 2 people on this thread to show me where I said Kane isn't quality. Nobody has done so because it doesn't exist. I'm saying his quality comes from his athleticism. I then state my preference for a different kind of player. Show me where I say otherwise. Go ahead. I'll wait. I'm patient.

I am talking about the type, rather than the amount of these players' qualities. Kane's overall quality comes from a mix of physical, technical and mental qualities. Just like Suarez's does. To make out that Kane is only good because he is big and strong (which is what you have done) is bollocks. Just like it would be bollocks to make out that Suarez is only good because he is fast, strong and aerobically fit.

If you would apply the question you asked about Kane to Suarez you would get the same answer. And if you were being honest, instead of evangelising, you would realise that is because have not correctly identified the nature of Kane and Suarez's abilities.

So, once again: if Suarez had the same pace and stamina as Ozil would he be playing Premier/La Liga football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is this the daftest thread ever?....

Stay tuned!

I am talking about the type, rather than the amount of these players' qualities. Kane's overall quality comes from a mix of physical, technical and mental qualities. Just like Suarez's does. To make out that Kane is only good because he is big and strong (which is what you have done) is bollocks. Just like it would be bollocks to make out that Suarez is only good because he is fast, strong and aerobically fit.

If you would apply the question you asked about Kane to Suarez you would get the same answer. And if you were being honest, instead of evangelising, you would realise that is because have not correctly identified the nature of Kane and Suarez's abilities.

So, once again: if Suarez had the same pace and stamina as Ozil would he be playing Premier/La Liga football?

Actually that's not what I've been saying at all. That's incorrect. So no, I've decided that I won't answer your question until you re-read each of my comments and then summarise the content of them because what you have in those opening 2 paragraphs in which you attempt to paraphrase me is not accurate and I will not be mis-quoted, mis-represented or misunderstood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Good result for England.

Without Kane's strength, he would not have the time to showcase his vision, timing and shooting accuracy in the same way.

But again, his strength isn't the main reason he's turning into a top player. It's the technical parts of his game, along with his vision and his output in front of goal that are doing that.

To say he's reliant on his athletic ability is misleading. If Suarez didn't get stronger, he wouldn't be where he is. It's just an attribute.

Interestingly, Kane's physical qualities are nothing at all out of the ordinary. Suarez, on the other hand, is a physical freak; a world leader in terms of stamina and pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

SantryRed wrote: »
    Good result for England.

Hold the phone.... There was a game played?!

Wouldn't think it reading through this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think my love of football has diminished a good 28% since reading the last two pages.

So like I said you'd prefer Bentley.

Interestingly, Kane's physical qualities are nothing at all out of the ordinary. Suarez, on the other hand, is a physical freak; a world leader in terms of stamina and pace.

I agree, really dont think Harry is all that crazy strong. Wouldnt have him close to the top, Suarez is like Messi they both are deceptively strong, then again the poster hasnt poster hasnt a clue what hes talking about so no real point even arguing

That would be terrifying with Indias population he would dominate the world, interestingly Pep said one day he might manage Qatar will we one day see them as the new Spain, stay tuned

Actually that's not what I've been saying at all. That's incorrect. So no, I've decided that I won't answer your question until you re-read each of my comments and then summarise the content of them because what you have in those opening 2 paragraphs in which you attempt to paraphrase me is not accurate and I will not be mis-quoted, mis-represented or misunderstood.

You could just restate your point (succinctly) if you really believe that I've misrepresented/misunderstood it. But, nah, that would be too straightforward. Far better to just make ridiculous demands of the person you are arguing with before you will submit your argument to discussion. That's a technique that has been popular with Christian theologians down the years, no surprise that you would turn to it.

• Advertisement

Suarez is a guy with minimal pace

Fùck me, this is ridiculous.

If ever you needed proof that Andersonisgod is not qualified to discuss these things, this is it.

You could just restate your point (succinctly) if you really believe that I've misrepresented/misunderstood it. But, nah, that would be too straightforward. Far better to just make ridiculous demands of the person you are arguing with before you will submit your argument to discussion. That's a technique that has been popular with Christian theologians down the years, no surprise that you would turn to it.

......I'm an atheist. Want to know more? PM me.

I think my love of football has diminished a good 28% since reading the last two pages.

and even Roy Hodgson couldn't achieve that!

Fùck me, this is ridiculous.

If ever you needed proof that Andersonisgod is not qualified to discuss these things, this is it.

So he's quick? How quick? Give me examples, give me comparisons? Pace is not an outstanding attribute he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

and even Roy Hodgson couldn't achieve that!

We get it. You don't like Hodgson because of Liverpool. He's doing a decent job with England and has done decent jobs elsewhere.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement