Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany vs England Friendly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

......I'm an atheist. Want to know more? PM me.

I want to continue the discussion about Kane and Suarez with you, but since I started to point out the inconsistencies in your argument you're now only going to deflect and distract. First, ridiculously, demanding that I summarise all comments you have made on the topic and now telling me about your religious beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Pro. F wrote: »
    I want to continue the discussion about Kane and Suarez with you, but since I started to point out the inconsistencies in your argument you're now only going to deflect and distract. First, ridiculously, demanding that I summarise all comments you have made on the topic and now telling me about your religious beliefs.

Yes I did demand that, because your attempts to paraphrase my argument were woefully wide of the mark. I won't waste anymore of my time discussing football with someone who doesn't even understand my argument. That's a self-defeating endeavour.
    I did because you likened me to some kind of Christian Theologist. I am not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Something not right when the England match threads are getting three times more posts than the Ireland match threads.

djPSB wrote: »
    Something not right when the England match threads are getting three times more posts than the Ireland match threads.

The majority of those posts should probably be quarantined.

Tbf this was probably a more interesting friendly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

and even Roy Hodgson couldn't achieve that!

The man made Bobby Zamora one of the most feared strikers in Europe for about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

This has been one of the most enjoyable threads I've read on here in a long time. I've never been happier to see England win a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We get it. You don't like Hodgson because of Liverpool. He's doing a decent job with England and has done decent jobs elsewhere.

Failed to win a match at the last world cup and went out at the group stage. Good qualifying campaign this time around but it's what happens in the euros that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Haha do you really think so? I'll use a world class forward as a comparison since that's the class that most see Kane in now. If Kane had the same physical capacities as Luis Suarez do you think he'd be playing at Spurs? Do you think he'd be in the Premier League? Suarez is a guy with minimal pace, he's not particularly tall or incredibly strong. What he's got going for him is remarkable technical skills and he's surely one of the most clever footballers I've ever seen. He's an example of footballing ability taking precedence over athletic ability.

By the way I'm not even saying that being more athlete than footballer is a bad thing. My favourite player is Drogba, incredibly skilled but definitely someone whose athleticism was key for.

Kane is 22 years of age and is playing in his full second season as a first team player for Spurs.

At 22 Suarez was just after joining Ajax from Groingen and was what 26 before he left the Premier League, i suppose Kane has a few years to get out of it.

Kane scored 31 goals in his first season and is on track to match that again in his second season as a first team starter.

Kane at 22 is far closer to being world class than Suarez was. You throw out the line if he was world class he wouldn't be playing for Spurs when its his second season what nonsense.

To have to compare Kane to one of the best strikers in the world shows how good he already is.

How about compare Kane to a 22 year old Suarez in which he wins hands down, or compare him to strikers his own age.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Kane is 22 years of age and is playing in his full second season as a first team player for Spurs.

At 22 Suarez was just after joining Ajax from Groingen and was what 26 before he left the Premier League, i suppose Kane has a few years to get out of it.

Kane scored 31 goals in his first season and is on track to match that again in his second season as a first team starter.

Kane at 22 is far closer to being world class than Suarez was. You throw out the line if he was world class he wouldn't be playing for Spurs when its his second season what nonsense.

To have to compare Kane to one of the best strikers in the world shows how good he already is.

How about compare Kane to a 22 year old Suarez in which he wins hands down, or compare him to strikers his own age.

I'm comparing their different attributes and physicality skill sets.

I'm not comparing quality.

I'm not comparing the stages both were at in their career. Not every debate involving players must boil down to "X is better than Y" let's try to be a little more nuanced huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Nuts102 wrote: »

Technically, Suarez is superior. No question.

However, if he is managed correctly at club level, Kane could go on to become the best striker that England have produced for a generation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

One would nearly feel sorry for the city fans, imagine having this as your super thread for 3 seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I wonder if Hodgson will do the ballsy thing when Rooney is back and leave him on the bench. Can't justify giving him a spot ahead of Alli in the hole or Kane up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm comparing their different attributes and physicality skill sets.

I'm not comparing quality.

I'm not comparing the stages both were at in their career. Not every debate involving players must boil down to "X is better than Y" let's try to be a little more nuanced huh?

So let me get this straight...

You start this madness by claiming Kane is the most typical number 9 you've ever seen, while also claiming the England team's main strength is 'running', and you decide you get the privilege of demanding nuance?

Fúck me.

SlickRic wrote: »
    So let me get this straight...

You start this madness by claiming Kane is the most typical number 9 you've ever seen, while also claiming the England team's main strength is 'running', and you decide you get the privilege of demanding nuance?

Fúck me.

Yes I did all of those things. I'm glad you've finally acknowledged my true argument instead of making one up for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I like this England team, if they had a manager other than Hodgson they might not get knocked out by Portugal, mind you I will still enjoy it when they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This f*cking thread.

In all fairness to the lad, you brought it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

djPSB wrote: »
    The majority of those posts should probably be quarantined.

But then how would we all know that Butland faked his injury and left the pitch through shame, England were comprehensively outplayed and outclassed, England are poor and only a bunch of athletes and finally that Kane is average and Suarez is slow?

All that gold would disappear! I vote nay on your quarantine idea good sir. Stupidity like that should be kept for all future generations to see. Fathers will look to their sons and say, "Finish reading Inverting the Pyramid my dear boy or else you will end up like AndersonIsGod!"

Frankly I think this thread should be stickied. For the good of the forum. It's enlightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

SantryRed wrote: »
    I wonder if Hodgson will do the ballsy thing when Rooney is back and leave him on the bench. Can't justify giving him a spot ahead of Alli in the hole or Kane up top.

Doubt Hodgson will do it.

The Tabloid media would have a field day if that happens and England lose.

• Advertisement

So he's quick? How quick? Give me examples, give me comparisons? Pace is not an outstanding attribute he has.

For examples, just tune into a Barca game on any given week. Or, for more clear examples, watch a Uruguay game, where he needs to create more for himself and he isn't surrounded by so many other amazing athletes. Similarly, you could go back and watch some of his Liverpool games. Youtube highlights won't inform you properly because they so rarely show enough of the play before goals.

In all of his games you will see him closing down defenders and loose passes and chasing through balls with remarkable pace. And you'll see him doing it all at a high rate throughout the 90 minutes, thanks to his extraordinary stamina.

As for comparisons, Alexis Sanches makes a good one for pace, Vardy makes a good one for workrate/stamina and Aguero for balance and strength. Then of course Suarez has the class technique on top of all that.

Whatever way you look at it, to describe Suarez without acknowledging that he is a phenomenal, world-leading athlete in his position is completely misleading, and saying that he has "minimal pace" is utterly laughable.

In all fairness to the lad, you brought it up.

To be exact, I brought up his techniques for deflecting from the argument at hand. Of course AIG jumped at the chance to draw the attention onto himself because that again deflects from him having to defend his arguments that are being criticised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Doubt Hodgson will do it.

The Tabloid media would have a field day if that happens and England lose.

I'm not sure this is true. I think the bigger headline is Rooney going to France and sitting on the bench.

If Hodgson doesn't think Rooney starts then I think he gets Gazza 98ed. And Gazza was far more of a media darling than Rooney is.

Kirby wrote: »
    But then how would we all know that Butland faked his injury and left the pitch through shame, England were comprehensively outplayed and outclassed, England are poor and only a bunch of athletes and finally that Kane is average and Suarez is slow?

All that gold would disappear! I vote nay on your quarantine idea good sir. Stupidity like that should be kept for all future generations to see. Fathers will look to their sons and say, "Finish reading Inverting the Pyramid my dear boy or else you will end up like AndersonIsGod!"

Frankly I think this thread should be stickied. For the good of the forum. It's enlightening.

For you Kirby I'll put in little disclaimers for when I make a joke, it was foolish of me to assume everyone would get it, so I'll help out next time.

I won't comment here on your 2nd paragraph.

Show me where I said Kane is average. Show me the quote or apologise.

For examples, just tune into a Barca game on any given week. Or, for more clear examples, watch a Uruguay game, where he needs to create more for himself and he isn't surrounded by so many other amazing athletes. Similarly, you could go back and watch some of his Liverpool games. Youtube highlights won't inform you properly because they so rarely show enough of the play before goals.

In all of his games you will see him closing down defenders and loose passes and chasing through balls with remarkable pace. And you'll see him doing it all at a high rate throughout the 90 minutes, thanks to his extraordinary stamina.

As for comparisons, Alexis Sanches makes a good one for pace, Vardy makes a good one for workrate/stamina and Aguero for balance and strength. Then of course Suarez has the class technique on top of all that.

Whatever way you look at it, to describe Suarez without acknowledging that he is a phenomenal, world-leading athlete in his position is completely misleading, and saying that he has "minimal pace" is utterly laughable.

Tell you what, I'll bring it to some Barça fan twitter accounts, I'll bring it to a Barça forum but I'm in no doubt as to the answer. I've seen him play in multiple tournaments and qualifiers for Uruguay, I've seen him play almost every game in a Barça jersey and Liverpool jersey. His pace is meh. I don't know where the evidence is to suggest otherwise, it's so obvious that even the English commentary team on Sky's La Liga coverage acknowledge it and when they are acknowledging it it must be common knowledge. He's about as quick as you'd expect the average top flight player to be. That's probably quicker than the vast majority of people on this forum but I'm not measuring him against that, I'm measuring him against top flight footballers (obviously). Over 5 or 10 yards he's a bit better but still hardly Hazard or Neymar. Over 40-50 he isn't Bale or Ronaldo. I'd say he'd probably admit himself his parents evening isn't one of his big assets and I think anyone whose seen him a handful of times could gauge that, he isn't Torres, he isn't Owen, he isn't peak Brazilian Ronaldo. He's a guy with average pace. Luckily he's, IMO, the best strikers in the world so I don't care about his pace very much.

Here's an article, with a nice quote from the man himself to augment my argument. You're welcome

http://www.espnfc.com/barcelona/story/2818484/luis-suarez-wants-lionel-messi-left-foot-neymar-pace

Tell you what, I'll bring it to some Barça fan twitter accounts, I'll bring it to a Barça forum but I'm in no doubt as to the answer. I've seen him play in multiple tournaments and qualifiers for Uruguay, I've seen him play almost every game in a Barça jersey and Liverpool jersey. His pace is meh. I don't know where the evidence is to suggest otherwise, it's so obvious that even the English commentary team on Sky's La Liga coverage acknowledge it and when they are acknowledging it it must be common knowledge. He's about as quick as you'd expect the average top flight player to be. That's probably quicker than the vast majority of people on this forum but I'm not measuring him against that, I'm measuring him against top flight footballers (obviously). Over 5 or 10 yards he's a bit better but still hardly Hazard or Neymar. Over 40-50 he isn't Bale or Ronaldo. I'd say he'd probably admit himself his parents evening isn't one of his big assets and I think anyone whose seen him a handful of times could gauge that, he isn't Torres, he isn't Owen, he isn't peak Brazilian Ronaldo. He's a guy with average pace. Luckily he's, IMO, the best strikers in the world so I don't care about his pace very much.

Not as fast as Ronaldo, Bale, Hazard, Neymar, peak Brazilian Ronaldo, Torres or Owen, now means a player has minimal pace. Great logic.

So, by the same logic, you should describe Kane as having minimal strength, since he's not as strong as Benteke, Lukaku, peak Ibrahimovic, Drogba and Duncan Ferguson.

And still you are ignoring the workrate and strength from Suarez which are phenomenal.

But sure go and chat to Barca fans on twitter about it. You'd be doing us all a favour and I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of people who agree with your world view if you go looking for them.
    Here's an article, with a nice quote from the man himself to augment my argument. You're welcome

http://www.espnfc.com/barcelona/story/2818484/luis-suarez-wants-lionel-messi-left-foot-neymar-pace

Suarez says he would like to have Neymar's pace and joy for the game, therefor Suarez has minimal pace. That logic is daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

SantryRed wrote: »

With the form Vardy and Kane are in, it would be very harsh to leave any one of them out of 11 but Rooney's form is very good for England, especially since Hodgson took over.

Since the world cup, he has scored in 10 games out of 14. That's very very good stat for any player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Unless Roy strips Rooney of the captaincy, or he gets injured, he'll be accommodated into the first team.

Rightly or wrongly is another discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Again we have comparisons to only the elite.

Kane doesn't have the technical game of Suarez ergo he's all about athleticism

Suarez doesn't have the pace of Messi, Rondaldo ergo his pace is minimal.

Like I said, when you base your arguments in about 20 players and the most successful club team of all time, your opinion is more or less worthless 95% of the time.

But I get the feeling you feel you're some kind of purist because you prefer a technical player like Suarez to Kane.

Again, who the fcuk wouldn't?

And the question I asked. Do you also prefer a technical player like Bentley?

gosplan wrote: »
    But I get the feeling you feel you're some kind of purist because you prefer a technical player like Suarez to Kane.
    Does Suarez have enough pace to be a technical player? :P

This thread gets funnier every time I check in. :)

• Advertisement

Not as fast as Ronaldo, Bale, Hazard, Neymar, peak Brazilian Ronaldo, Torres or Owen, now means a player has minimal pace. Great logic.

So, by the same logic, you should describe Kane as having minimal strength, since he's not as strong as Benteke, Lukaku, peak Ibrahimovic, Drogba and Duncan Ferguson.

And still you are ignoring the workrate and strength from Suarez which are phenomenal.

But sure go and chat to Barca fans on twitter about it. You'd be doing us all a favour and I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of people who agree with your world view if you go looking for them.

Suarez says he would like to have Neymar's pace and joy for the game, therefor Suarez has minimal pace. That logic is daft.

Point out where I said Suarez doesn't have good workrate.

This is the 5th or 6th time on this thread I've asked someone to show me a quote that they claim I've said. So far not a single person has shown me a quote. Instead people have simply made shít up. If that's what it takes to make you feel good, go ahead, I'll be the martyr.

I'd hardly say Suarez has phenomenal strength. By that logic you are saying Suarez is as strong as Drogba, or Duncan Ferguson. Is that what you are saying?

How do you know Kane isn't as physically strong as those? Have you been privy to some kind of footballer strongmen competition that nobody else has seen?

Haha Suarez says he lacks pace, Boards.ie poster presses on anyway but Boards.ie poster is wrong and he knows it. I've got my quote.

Does Suarez have enough pace to be a technical player? :P

Yes, he's pretty much the same as Giroud - minimal pace, relies on technique.

Haha Suarez says he lacks pace, Boards.ie poster presses on anyway but Boards.ie poster is wrong and he knows it. I've got my quote.

So by your rationale, according to him, he also has a minimal left foot and minimal joy for the game?

But for Liverpool, he scored 17 with his left(53 with right), and to be honest he always looks pretty happy playing, though maybe inside he's crying, who knows?

Or did Suarez just say 'I'd like the left foot of Messi'? What a terribly honest admission of his own shortcomings.

Again we have comparisons to only the elite.

Kane doesn't have the technical game of Suarez ergo he's all about athleticism

Suarez doesn't have the pace of Messi, Rondaldo ergo his pace is minimal.

Like I said, when you base your arguments in about 20 players and the most successful club team of all time, your opinion is more or less worthless 95% of the time.

Again, who the fcuk wouldn't?

And the question I asked. Do you also prefer a technical player like Bentley?

It's far easier to compare players to extremes because (a) everyone will be aware of that player because they are household names (b) everyone will be aware of those players attributes. If you want I can compare Kane to Bakambu (not the worst player comparison) but I have my doubts about how many seasoned Villareal watchers are posting on this thread.

I would like people to stop taking my words and twisting them. Because that is not what I said. This thread has consisted of people claiming I've said things and I haven't. It's been a particularly odd game of Chinese whispers because I've been here repeatedly telling people I've said none of what they claim. So, I'm going to make it very simple for everyone.

Kane's main strength is his athleticism. Am I saying then that he lacks technical ability? No, I'm not.

Suarez has pace that is distinctly average for a top level footballer, I'm not sure who would argue otherwise. If you want to find some stats go ahead but the man himself, Spanish football pundits, and Barcelona fans will tell you it's not his pace that he relies on and with good reason.

No, I don't feel that way at all. I do feel like someone who can tell the difference between players relying more (not entirely!) on athleticism than technical ability, which I had taken for granted in other football circles but is apparently a rare gift here.

I had no affection for Bentley. I have no great love for Kane either. Just because you think Bentley was a technical player doesn't mean I like him. My turn, Marcos Senna or Emile Heskey? Isn't that fantastically random.

Yes, he's pretty much the same as Giroud - minimal pace, relies on technique.

Now who's trollin'? :pac:

So by your rationale, according to him, he also has a minimal left foot and minimal joy for the game?

Jesus.

I don't know, you'll have to ask him but taking that example and doing this in depth since you want to go down this road of stupid. How many more goals has Messi scored with his left foot than Suarez? What's the correlation between goals and pace? If we take it for granted that Messi's left foot (based on years of statistical evidence) is better than Suarez's left foot by a massive margin then we can say that Suarez is speaking of features that Neymar and Messi possess in far higher quantities than Suarez and thus this would include pace.

Do you like my deduction? Did I just flip a table?

hCE5CAE9C

I don't know, you'll have to ask him but taking that example and doing this in depth since you want to go down this road of stupid. How many more goals has Messi scored with his left foot than Suarez? What's the correlation between goals and pace? If we take it for granted that Messi's left foot (based on years of statistical evidence) is better than Suarez's left foot by a massive margin then we can say that Suarez is speaking of features that Neymar and Messi possess in far higher quantities than Suarez and thus this would include pace.

Do you like my deduction? Did I just flip a table?

Hang on,

You seem to be arguing that Messi has a better left foot than Suarez and that Neymar is faster.

You're correct btw. Great find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Why is anybody comparing Harry Kane to Suarez?

Last I checked, Suarez is not English or German, and he certainly didn't play in this match.

Based on two years of great form, Kane deserves to be first choice for England.

Hang on,

You seem to be arguing that Messi has a better left foot than Suarez and that Neymar is faster.

You're correct btw. Great find.

No. Wrong. I'm arguing that there's a correlation between the attributes Suarez says he wishes he possessed that the other 2 Barcelona forwards do. I'm arguing that the extent to which Messi's left foot is better than Suarez's must then also be the extent to which Neymar is faster than Suarez. How do you measure that? Who knows, how does quality translate to pace? That's for you to work out since you were the one who invited me down this slippery slope, but what you've forgotten is that I'm an experienced skier.

• Advertisement

Last I checked, Suarez is not English or German, and he certainly didn't play in this match.

I think it went like this...

'I don't like Kane, he's basically about athleticism. We know this because he's not like Suarez who is all about technical skills and has minimal pace (and left foot incidentally). We know this because he's not as fast as Neymar (or with the left foot of Messi).'

I haven't a clue. I used him as an example of a player type. People ran with that and assumed I said "Player X is better than Player Y" because apparently the second you mention 2 players in the same sentence that's what the debate devolves into. Now I'm discussing the finer details of Luis Suarez and I don't know why. Never use players as examples, people will not get the purpose of it.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph.

I think it went like this...

'I don't like Kane, he's basically about athleticism. We know this because he's not like Suarez who is all about technical skills and has minimal pace (and left foot incidentally). We know this because he's not as fast as Neymar (or with the left foot of Messi).'

Is that a direct quote? Is it in context? Are we allowed to misquote people? Do you feel hurt that I turned your silly argument about that article I linked on its head?

No. Wrong. I'm arguing that there's a correlation between the attributes Suarez says he wishes he possessed that the other 2 Barcelona forwards do. I'm arguing that the extent to which Messi's left foot is better than Suarez's must then also be the extent to which Neymar is faster than Suarez. How do you measure that? Who knows, how does quality translate to pace? That's for you to work out since you were the one who invited me down this slippery sloop, but what you've forgotten is that I'm an experienced skier.

Well you didn't measure it. He just has 'minimal' pace ergo he must also have a 'minimal' left foot.

Do you see how much if the spectrum you miss by comparing players to Barca forwards only?

You get the same comparing Kane to Suarez and judging Kane by this gap.

This all started by people saying Kane isn't all about athleticism but you just wouldn't listen. You're showing yourself to have very little knowledge outside Barca.

So if you want to continue this discussion, respectfully I think you should make the effort to not involve any Barca players in a conversation that has nothing to do with them. It would really serve you well tbh.

Is that a direct quote? Is it in context? Are we allowed to misquote people? Do you feel hurt that I turned your silly argument about that article I linked on its head?

I'm just synopsising, hence the single '.

I don't think you turned anything on it's head. Feel free to be proud if yourself though.

Anyone without Neymar's pace has minimal pace and anyone without Messi's left foot has a minimal left foot. That's the argument, right?

It's all a bit playing FIFA with Barca tbh. I think your missing an awful lot.

Well you didn't measure it. He just has 'minimal' pace ergo he must also have a 'minimal' left foot.

Do you see how much if the spectrum you miss by comparing players to Barca forwards only?

You get the same comparing Kane to Suarez and judging Kane by this gap.

This all started by people saying Kane isn't all about athleticism but you just wouldn't listen. You're showing yourself to have very little knowledge outside Barca.

So if you want to continue this discussion, respectfully I think you should make the effort to not involve any Barca players in a conversation that has nothing to do with them. It would really serve you well tbh.

Yes according to your own deduction, that must be the case. So since that's now your view (because afterall that's what your arguing in favour of) what makes Suarez a world class number 9?

Again. Did I compare the 2 in terms of overall quality? No. Go back and read it again. Suarez was simply used as an example of a player who relies more heavily on his technical ability than his physical abilities.

The fact that I used Suarez is irrelevant, he was just a well-known archetype to use. Because I'm not comparing his quality against Kane's, I could have used any number of players to say "this is a player more reliant on technical ability than physical ability" I'm being as clear as I can, it really shouldn't be the difficult to grasp yet we are like 8 pages in and nobody has gotten it yet.

I could have used Soldado, I could have used Raffael, I could have used Paco Alcacer. The only reason I used Suarez is because he plays for Barcelona and he played for Liverpool therefore he's well known. It's the player type I've been talking about, not the quality of the player. Not how he stacks up against Kane. From now on maybe my posts should only be about "player X is better than player Y" and top 5 or top 10 lists of things.

By the way, I watch a massive amount and range of football each week, I comment about it a considerable amount elsewhere. Please don't question my knowledge, it is considerable.

I'm just synopsising, hence the single '.

I don't think you turned anything on it's head. Feel free to be proud if yourself though.

Anyone without Neymar's pace has minimal pace and anyone without Messi's left foot has a minimal left foot. That's the argument, right?

It's all a bit playing FIFA with Barca tbh. I think your missing an awful lot.

Yes that is the argument, that's your argument. That's exactly the point you made when you quoted my article. I didn't make it for you. You simply attacked me on the wrong front, when it comes to the nitty gritty I'm very adept at gaining the upper hand, so yes I am proud.

I'm being as clear as I can, it really shouldn't be the difficult to grasp yet we are like 8 pages in and nobody has gotten it yet.

Yes, 8 pages and we're not getting it. What's wrong with us, eh?

Yes that is the argument, that's your argument. That's exactly the point you made when you quoted my article. I didn't make it for you. You simply attacked me on the wrong front, when it comes to the nitty gritty I'm very adept at gaining the upper hand, so yes I am proud.

Didn't you say minimal pace?

Didn't you use that comparison to validate that claim?

Pretty sure I didn't say Suarez didn't really have pace or go to Barca fan sites.

• Advertisement

By the way, I watch a massive amount and range of football each week, I comment about it a considerable amount elsewhere. Please don't question my knowledge, it is considerable.

So you keep telling us at every available opportunity.

Pretty sure Donald Trump watches a lot of politics and comments on it too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement