Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwarranted Ban

Options
  • 26-03-2016 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

I was banned from After Hours for the reason of being uncivil, namely saying that a posters argument was stupid. I've discussed this with the mod who banned me and have not reached a satisfactory outcome.

I'd appreciate this looked into and resolved if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hi Sheep Lover,

I'll look into this for you but bear in mind the Bank holiday weekend so I'm not sure exactly when it'll be complete, it depends on the background etc.

Can you forward to me the PMs where you tried to resolve the issue with the mod?

Cheers,

K

PMs received, thanks.

Can you outline why you think the ban should be overturned?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    PMs received, thanks.

Can you outline why you think the ban should be overturned?

Cheers

As seen in the PM's, I think the mod in question misunderstood the context in which my post was made. I was referring to the posters argument being stupid, not the poster himself. I was banned for attacking the poster where in fact I was just attacking the post.

Any update on this?

I have all the info and have reviewed it. Let me put together a post and I'll update you tonight/tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I have all the info and have reviewed it. Let me put together a post and I'll update you tonight/tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay.

Great, thanks.

Apologies for the delay.

So to me this is pretty clear cut. You quoted a poster and posted the below:
    So you continued to watch it despite being offended at the "racism"...

I'd give up trying to reason with this one lads, can't argue with stupid.*

*emphasis by me

There's no question, in my eyes, that this was directed at the poster and not the post.

That said, I believe 2 weeks would be enough of a ban for this post and after speaking to ACD, they agree and I'm willing to cut the ban to time served.

I want to make it clear that this isn't a reversal. The ban was warranted but the length is debatable, hence the above. If you accept I will unban you now. If not you can have an admin review.

Cheers

Thank you for reviewing this KERSPLAT.

But I'm afraid I have to argue in the opposite, post is quite clear in that it is not directed at the poster but the post itself.

Anyway, the post is hardly banning material. 2 weeks is excessive and 3 is ridiculous. Calling a post stupid and then receiving a three week ban for it? Crazy stuff.

As a rough guide to modding in AH we tend to increment actions. You had 6 previous actions in AH the last being a 2 week ban. As I said, I felt 3 weeks for this was a little harsh and after discussing it with the banning mod, he agreed. You were offered a reduction to less than a 2 week ban at the time of me last posting here.

The offer is there. You can take it or request admin review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement