Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get more detail on POS transactions?

• 26-03-2016 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I had an issue a while ago where my card got skimmed. My bank - Permanent TSB - notified me on this, which I appreciated.

I've noticed transactions today on my online account that I am sure I didn't make, but the POS info is pretty vague on my statement. I'll hold my hands up - I am poor at checking my statements and accounting for purchases.

Knowing it's a holiday at home, do you know if I can get more information on these transactions? It definitely seems like they're fraudulent - most are for small amounts like €20, but one is for over €200. It's annoying as now I'll have to cancel this card and wait for another to be sent via my mum to me (as I am not resident here so can neither have a bank account, nor have where I live as an official address for my Irish account), so I'll have to go on my credit card now.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ring the fraud section of ptsb; they'll have all the info and are 24/7. I found one recently that I didn't recognise and I just googled the company listed & turned out it was a genuine transaction.

Advertisement