Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 update loop

Options
  • 26-03-2016 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

My laptop upgraded to Windows 10.

Grrr

I can't access my laptop. I get the logon screen, type in my password and nothing happens after clicking on 'Next'.

Eventually it reboots, and we are back at the logon screen. Around and around and around.

Please help, I hate windows 10. I avoided Windows 8, now wish I'd avoided Windows 10 too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Well my opinion Win 10 is pretty good, Miles a head of 8 but you loop its probably is more then likely a bad install for what ever reason.
    The same thing happened me, when i installed windows 10 the installation worked but there was something wrong somewhere because the operating system was far to slow, installed all the drivers it was still horrible.

If it was me i would reset the PC to see if that works. Turn on your computer like normal then once you get to the load screen hold down shift and restart your PC it will bring you too advanced options once there you should see advanced options, reset this machine and continue i think.

Once at the menu just go to Reset.

This took me about 15 minutes and after PC was fine. Hope it works man.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Eventually I discovered what had happened - Windows 10 installed disabled my wifi adaptor. Once I connected by Ethernet, I could pass through, but after nearly 8hrs I couldn't get the wifi to connect. The drivers were up to date, it just refused. Microsoft CS disconnected me after I refused remote access to my computer, as talking me through was too time consuming so I rolled back to Win7

Thanks for replying

Advertisement