Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Market

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Igotadose wrote: »
    Never going there again. 3 hour car trip to Cork, wanting a bite to eat and do a bit of knick-knack shopping. Go over to the Market. One toilet. ONE. Unisex.

I mean, this is crazy. Dozens of food and drink shops over a multi-block space, and *ONE* toilet? The upstairs restaurant has no public toilets. I was sorely tempted to use a wall, but left the place and eventually went to a coffee shop.

Not going back. Whoever runs this place has a severe lack of understanding of how to run a business. Oh, I tried their online feedback form, it's 404. Nice.

Avoid it. Telling everyone we know, including tourist guests and friends, it's not worth it. Fortunately there are some good shops in the area and a few places to eat. But don't go to the English Market.

Never going there again? Telling everyone you know to avoid? You must live a very sad existence if this gets you so outraged. How dare a 200 year old market not provide me with numerous gender specific toilets because I need a pee pee. Get a life seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Those who do go to the English Market.... just be thankful... you're not likely to encounter that particular space cadet! Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Not only that but the English Market is a fantastic place, unique to this country. I remember going in there with my mother when I was a kid and feeling like it was the biggest place in the world, getting lost between all the lanes and stalls. Of course its not as big as I once thought but I still get that feeling when I walk in. Anyone actively despising the place because of the toilet situation would want there head checked, its a market ffs.

certainly the english market should at least relocate to be closer than three hours to you

the cheek of it, being so far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Igotadose wrote: »

Apt username for someone whose complaining about a market only having a unisex loo.
    Did you stink the place out while a pretty lady waited to go in after you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

.red. wrote: »
    Apt username for someone whose complaining about a market only having a unisex loo.
    Did you stink the place out while a pretty lady waited to go in after you?

Of course pretty ladies always fart unicorns and rainbows.

Advertisement