Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Templemore

• 27-03-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys.

Whats Templemore Town like for living? Its a spot I go through nearly every day and bar the roads, its seems a nice little area to settle down.

Any feedback about the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Headshot wrote: »
    Hi Guys.

Whats Templemore Town like for living? Its a spot I go through nearly every day and bar the roads, its seems a nice little area to settle down.

Congratulations as far as I know you are the first person to start a thread on Templemore, I hope you get some good feed back.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Hi Guys.

Havent lived there. What specifically do you want feedback on? Small, quiet. Our Ladys is a good school. Sports facilities pretty good.
    Xenophile wrote: »
    Congratulations as far as I know you are the first person to start a thread on Templemore, I hope you get some good feed back.
    And whats your thoughts on Templemore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yup just feedback on how quiet is the area, much to do and is it a safe area?

Havent lived there. What specifically do you want feedback on? Small, quiet. Our Ladys is a good school. Sports facilities pretty good.

And whats your thoughts on Templemore?

I do not know the town very well.

The railway station is a good asset depending on your own living situation, if you have friends or relatives of a pensionable age they can use a very frequent train service to visit you on free travel as the rail service is quite good.

Templemore is smack in the middle between two motorways the M7 and the M8

If you are a Gaelic sports fan, there are plenty of good games in Semple Stadium in Thurles throughout the year.

Also a good Gaelic club in Templemore.....i.e......J.K. Brackens.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Yup just feedback on how quiet is the area, much to do and is it a safe area?

I would say it is a quite and safe town. I am sure you are aware that the Garda Training college is based there !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

Templemore would have more then it's fair share of incidents of anti social behaviour all down over the years despite the presence of the Garda Training College
    This is because there are several large very dysfunctional families, all related to one another, who impose themselves on the town in a very negative way
    It's good for sports clubs though for example there's a very good snooker club very well run. As said before the schools are good Thurles is a 10 minute drive away with Dunnes and Tesco and a small bit of night life
    Templemore has s very nice park including fishing
    It's ok. A few too many skangers and scobies for its size but I guess a lot of rural towns are like that now

Templemore has got it's own page on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templemore.

and also

http://www.tipperary.com/templemore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Templemore would have more then it's fair share of incidents of anti social behaviour all down over the years despite the presence of the Garda Training College
    This is because there are several large very dysfunctional families, all related to one another, who impose themselves on the town in a very negative way
    It's good for sports clubs though for example there's a very good snooker club very well run. As said before the schools are good Thurles is a 10 minute drive away with Dunnes and Tesco and a small bit of night life
    Templemore has s very nice park including fishing
    It's ok. A few too many skangers and scobies for its size but I guess a lot of rural towns are like that now

Agree if the scumbags at the top of the town were got rid off from the place Templemore wouldn't be too bad.unfortunately sometimes its not uncommon to see that element fighting one another in broad daylight on the square

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Agree if the scumbags at the top of the town were got rid off from the place Templemore wouldn't be too bad.unfortunately sometimes its not uncommon to see that element fighting one another in broad daylight on the square

This is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

It's the only town of it's size to have it's own metel festival, other than that I know nothing about the place

• Advertisement

I remember back in the day when there was a windscreen factory in Templemore, it was called Triplex. I worked for someone who used to buy a lot of windscreens from them. As far as I remember their phone number was Templemore 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Xenophile wrote: »
    I remember back in the day when there was a windscreen factory in Templemore, it was called Triplex. I worked for someone who used to buy a lot of windscreens from them. As far as I remember their phone number was Templemore 9.

It's still there. TaylorMade bought Triplex Ireland's division in the late 80s. One of the few factories left in Mid-Tipperary.

It makes windscreens for boats and I must say that in 2007 /2008 I was expecting it to be one of the first businesses to shut down. There must be a great demand for boat glass.

I have lived just outside the town for over 10 years. I am originally from Thurles. Like most towns Templemore has its problems and a few undesirables but I find they tend to keep to themselves.

It's still there. TaylorMade bought Triplex Ireland's division in the late 80s. One of the few factories left in Mid-Tipperary.

It makes windscreens for boats and I must say that in 2007 /2008 I was expecting it to be one of the first businesses to shut down. There must be a great demand for boat glass.

I have lived just outside the town for over 10 years. I am originally from Thurles. Like most towns Templemore has its problems and a few undesirables but I find they tend to keep to themselves.

In the 60's when Henry Ford & Son Ltd. Cork, assembled cars, vans, trucks and tractors in Cork they sourced all their windscreens in Templemore. In those days windscreens did not crack, they shattered. I thought it was the new technology that put an end to their production, but in fairness this is something I never checked out.

Great to hear that the factory is still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Actually (off topic I know) they make glass for The Underground, buses, diggers and even shower enclosures.
    Taylor Made Glass & Systems is an approved glass supplier to Bombardier and TFL, passing rigorous quality audits along the way. Taylor Made glass has been seen on the Central Line for more than 15 years. The large side window glass is produced in one of the largest vertical tempering furnaces in the world.

http://www.taylormadeglass.com/templemore/glass/train.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tcrilly52

for the size of this little town i personally would not like to bring up a child here with the amount of scumbags here and roscrea, as a spade is a spade...travellers!! there I said it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

tcrilly52 wrote: »
    for the size of this little town i personally would not like to bring up a child here with the amount of scumbags here and roscrea, as a spade is a spade...travellers!! there I said it

Someone told me that's there is 11 traveller families in a small area of the town as u head towards the Roscrea road.

tcrilly52 wrote: »
    For the sheer natural beauty that parts of county tipperary has to offer, its a shame it has become invaded by the feral kind that the aggressive left have classed as a race

It is an absolutely beautiful part of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭meforever

I must say I like Templmore having live here for 35 yrs. The Garda College and the 3 main factories have helped to hold the economic fabric of the town intact in good times and bad. There is a magical sense of awe and welcome within the parish for anyone who moves here from outside the parish. Mind you the " Blow in" expression is used freely, but dont let that bother you. Its not used in a condisending way.

I must say I like Templmore having lived here for 35 yrs. The Garda College and the 3 main factories have helped to hold the economic fabric of the town intact in good times and bad. There is a magical sense of awe and welcome within the parish for anyone who moves here from outside the parish. Others having moved here over the years have mentioned it to me. Mind you the " Blow in" expression is still used freely, but dont let that bother you. Its not used in a bad way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I see a few more premises in Patrick st closing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Is there a private bus company that runs from Dublin to templemore and return perhaps a couple of times a day Thanks

JC43 wrote: »
    Is there a private bus company that runs from Dublin to templemore and return perhaps a couple of times a day Thanks

From Roscrea....Bus Eireann...and JJ Kavanagh....good service ..€10 each way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

meforever wrote: »
    From Roscrea....Bus Eireann...and JJ Kavanagh....good service ..€10 each way

So Dublin to roscrea and a connecting jj kavanagh bus to t'more? It's unclear on the websites. Thanks

JC43 wrote: »
    So Dublin to roscrea and a connecting jj kavanagh bus to t'more? It's unclear on the websites. Thanks

PM sent.

Have our local respresentives forgotten the town exist?. I see there was a protest last ssturday over the closure of Dr. Hennessey practise. Dont think many knew it was on not advertised from what i can see only lowry and shane lee appear to have turned up and publicized it on social media. Where weree the rest of them. They were all v quite on the post office issue too. Eddie Moran has done his usual disappearing act and will probably magically appear for the next local elections. Also never hear a peep out of noel coonan. Latest is thats now going into spar. At least the town is keeping the post office but would still do with been in a stand alone premises. Not as if there is a shortage of empty buildings

Nice to hear the promotion of the town on Tipp FM this morning. Town may have lost it council but there seems to be good motivation in those who have set up the Templemore Residents Association and the Sustainable Town Committee. Both looking for more people to get involved to help them meet their goals.

Like the rest of the country serious housing shortage. Anyone know what the latest is with the voluntary housing association and developing the old Tom Shofts site. Heard they aregoing to widen the park entrance with the development there

Advertisement