Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebs opening account

• 27-03-2016 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭

Be aware how difficult it is to open an ebs account. I have a regular account with ebs about 30 years,mortgage etc and cant open a surecert account with them. It,s down to ID. passport,drivers licence etc are fine but i,ve no utility bill with name on it. They will only accept posted bills and all mine are e bills. They dont even accept their own ebs banking statements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What about your car insurance cert. or renewal notice? Not technically a 'utility' but I'm sure it would tick the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

coylemj wrote: »
    What about your car insurance cert. or renewal notice? Not technically a 'utility' but I'm sure it would tick the box.

Apparently not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Order something from the Revenue (such as a P21) etc.

Yes a p21 may work, but I am not happy to supply so much info to the ebs. My identity is know by the staff. I do my banking with them regularly, I just wanted people to be aware of the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

That's not exclusive to EBS, all financial institutions work under the same Money Laundering rules. The fact that you have your accounts there 30 yrs is part of the problem, your existing accounts predate all the ML rules and any new accounts have to be verified as though you were a brand new customer.

Usually though if the passport is being used as photo id then the drivers licence can be used as address id. Will EBS not take one of their own posted statements?

• Advertisement

No, I've asked,it's easier to open a national savings account. That's what I've done.

Advertisement