Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good gym near Malahide?

Options
  • 27-03-2016 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent gym in Malahide? Ideally one with a pool, thats not crazy expensive. I'd like the swimming, but its not a make or break requirement. Platinum gym on the road to portmarnock looks alright, anyone with experience of it? It'd be my first time going the gym so I don't know how much guidance they'd offer or if I'd be free to get on with it on my own? Please and thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

leisure centre in portmarnock has pool and gym

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I completely forgot about that one, that looks alright, reasonable membership fee. Does that membership fee (35 a month) cover the gym and pool? And whats the easiest way to get there?

http://www.pslc.ie/resources/gym_pricelist_2015-2016.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunGoose

That gym in Portmarnock is on the 102 bus route.

The Grand Hotel gym in Malahide might suit you better. They have a pool too.

FunGoose wrote: »
    That gym in Portmarnock is on the 102 bus route.

The Grand Hotel gym in Malahide might suit you better. They have a pool too.

Oh thats good. Grand hotel is way more expensive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I completely forgot about that one, that looks alright, reasonable membership fee. Does that membership fee (35 a month) cover the gym and pool? And whats the easiest way to get there?

http://www.pslc.ie/resources/gym_pricelist_2015-2016.pdf

It's on the 102 and 42 bus routes. Membership includes full access to the pool, gym and most classes. It's generally not busy in the gym, apart from say 4-5, and 6-7:30, but even then you wouldn't be waiting for equipment. Spin classes tend to fill up, so get in early if you plan on attending. They usually do deals around easter etc where you'll get 2 months free membership, so maybe ask about that when joining up.

Also you'd be a visitor, so paying 50/month. To get membership rates you need to also join the pslc.

Theres also mu gym at low rock / robbswall.I've never been but have been told it's very busy, also no pool.

• Advertisement

Joining looks easier than anything though, just by looking. Its between here and platinum gyms so. Cheers for the info :)

Advertisement