Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As Landlord am I a sole trader? Do I have to register again?

Options
  • 27-03-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm somewhat of an accidental landlord owing to the recession and am registered for income tax on this property. I want to set up as a sole trader.

Am I already a sole trader? Do I have to register a new business interest?
    I'm quite confused by it all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Lockedout2

If you file a form 11 then you include the trade on the form 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 x2b4

So I don't need to update revenue on the circumstances now? I do file form 11 once a year.

Just don't want to get into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do you think you'll go over the vat threshold? If so you need to register for that too. Otherwise nothing extra to do. But make sure you can separate out the income and expenditure of the strands to declare them separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Residential or commercial property?

If you are already registered for income tax then as above declare income in Form 11 annually.

PRTB considerations as well along with LPT too..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 x2b4

Thanks everyone that clears it up for me :)

Its a residential property, and I've it all above board for tax, LPT and PRTB.

Starting out very small, as still working as an employee full time so I'd be exceptionally lucky if I managed to go over the VAT threshold in the next year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

x2b4 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone that clears it up for me :)

Its a residential property, and I've it all above board for tax, LPT and PRTB.

Starting out very small, as still working as an employee full time so I'd be exceptionally lucky if I managed to go over the VAT threshold in the next year or two.

No issues with VAT on residential property, exempt.

Advertisement