Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refusal at Dublin Airport

Options
  • 27-03-2016 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi there,

I'm looking for stories by people who have had friends or family refused entry at the gate in Dublin Airport when they or someone was waiting in arrivals. Any experiences at all regarding that. I would really appreciate if anyone contributes.

Thank you,

Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

lconmara wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking for stories by people who have had friends or family refused entry at the gate in Dublin Airport when they or someone was waiting in arrivals. Any experiences at all regarding that. I would really appreciate if anyone contributes.

Thank you,

Lisa

Eh. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lconmara

sullivlo wrote: »
    Eh. Why?

Apologies, I am researching the lack of resources for friends in arrivals to find out why their friends haven't appeared. There is no help desk or dedicated source phone. 3700 people were refused at the gate in 2015 and I imagine many of them had people waiting. Hoping to find some of them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Friendly advice , that's not allowed here, you'll pick up a ban as boards isn't a research tool

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'd have thought since everyone has mobille phones, anyone that gets refused just rings and tells the person?

Oh really? Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Apologies, I am researching the lack of resources for friends in arrivals to find out why their friends haven't appeared. There is no help desk or dedicated source phone. 3700 people were refused at the gate in 2015 and I imagine many of them had people waiting. Hoping to find some of them here.

What resources are available in other countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭TheChizler

This might be better off in the transport forum. How do you mean they were refused at the gate? Non-travellers not being allowed to go airside or passengers not being allowed to enter the country?

Phones are confiscated in most situations. Others I have spoken to have confirmed that. I have loads of stories from the person on the airside, phone confiscated and read, no phone call allowed, just looking for stories from the people waiting.

Yes people who arrive here with a visa but are suspicious for whatever reason, whether valid or not, and are deported without entering ireland.

Its not really about other countries, I'm sure they are just as ****ty about it. I'm not trying to complain at all, just suggest that contact might be an option. I know in NZ the immigrations go out to arrivals to the person and tell them their friend has been refused and sometimes depending can arrange for them to see each other before deportation. It happens all the time, its just an angle.

• Advertisement

sorry to be really thick here but how do i switch to the transport forum?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sorry to be really thick here but how do i switch to the transport forum?

You are not allowed post surveys anywhere but in the survey forum. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1250

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

So your looking for people who know someone who has been refused entry into the state by immigration? From your op, where you mention "gate" that makes me think you mean someone has been refused travel at the boarding gate!
    The procedure for anyone refused entry that may have someone waiting, the guard may go out to speak with the person waiting if they want to back up their story, if there's no chance of them being allowed entry they would not be allowed contact with the public for various reasons.
    There is a direct dial phone, landside of arrivals where a member of the public can contact the airline to make enquiries about the person they are waiting for but due to data protection laws and confidentiality reason they may not be given any information.
    I work in the airport and have seen people waiting for arriving pax for several hours, not getting any information from GNIB or the airline, and just heading off.
    I guess it depends on the immigration officers dealing with the pax whether or not they will inform anyone waiting.

I wasn't thinking of posting a survey, just looking for feedback from people who have gone through the experience but I have posted since this question on the media forum - I didn't realise I needed to do that when I started. Thanks a million.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement