Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy PS4 games?

Options
  • 27-03-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭

Got a PS4 a Xmas and refuse to spend the 75 euro on a game in Gamestop. What happened to the good old days of around the 50 euromark. 75 is just way too much money for a game for me.

Where is generally the cheapest place to pick up games? Specifically Im looking for the new UFC game but I dont have any idea apart from Gamestop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Basically best advice is to stay away from GS unless you want to pay over the odds...

Loads of options out there
    Argos - have great deals every so often
    Smiths - also some good prices, 10% off uncharted online with a code right now
    The Game Collection - also have good deals

And that's before you get into buying online....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Taltos wrote: »
    Basically best advice is to stay away from GS unless you want to pay over the odds...

Loads of options out there
    Argos - have great deals every so often
    Smiths - also some good prices, 10% off uncharted online with a code right now
    The Game Collection - also have good deals

And that's before you get into buying online....

Thanks for the help. Yeah I am always reluctant to give Gamestop the cash anyways given that they are such a rip off for trading in game.

What websites are good? I've tried amazon.co.uk but haven't found them to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I've been very fond of https://www.thegamecollection.net/ for all my gaming purchases :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Second Hand !
    I use adverts, Ebay and CEX

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Don't forget about the swap thread here. I got three free games with my PS4 but swapped all of these after finishing them on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

RedXIV wrote: »
    I've been very fond of https://www.thegamecollection.net/ for all my gaming purchases :D

Customer service off these guy's is second to none. Change your mind after placing an order, no problem. Quick delivery? Always. Just really easy deal with.

Argos has been excellent for the last while, prices are very good but stock flies with anything decent.

Advertisement