Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeltacht?

Options
  • 27-03-2016 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Folks im looking to send my son to the gaeltacht to improve his Irish. he is 2nd year at the moment and wont b 14 till middle of summer. There is v. limited availability for the dates that suit. Ideally i want one that there is loads of sports as well as the Irish. uisce is booked out for June. does anyone know if Colaiste Phiarsaigh is any good in Donegal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

Anyone at all on Boards have any opinion on Colaiste Phiarsaigh??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Anyone at all on Boards have any opinion on Colaiste Phiarsaigh??

Yes. In my opinion, it is one of the best you can find. Colaiste Phiarsaigh does all the following activities

Surfing
    Canadian Canoeing
    Kayaking
    Body boarding
    Hip hop dancing
    Céilí dancing
    Disco dancing
    Music-All students are encouraged to bring their musical instruments with them.
    Singing
    Soccer
    Basketball
    Athletics
    Arts and crafts
    Volleyball
    Drama/Scoraíocht
    Debating
    Board games
    Day tours to Ionad cois Locha, Gartan Adventure centre / Glenveigh National park.
    Shopping trips
    Coastal walks
    Swimming-indoor heated pool or the sea.
    Mountain climbing
    Beach games
    Nature walks-Bog/Flora/Fauna
    Horseriding

and I would not turn down what this offers if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

Brilliant thank u so much for replying. His Irish has gone to pot this year so am just trying to improve it while having fun

Advertisement