Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Love Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

It would take an awful of lot for me to turn away from Ireland....we are a great little country who have done a lot of good in the world in all areas of life.

Those who spend their days whinging and moaning and protesting about every little thing clearly have no idea how lucky we are here....we have no wars, no natural disasters, no epidemics.

Our economy is not, despite what a lot of people seem to want to believe, on the brink of collapse and our politicians aren't the corrupt cruel individuals we pretend they are. They've just been dealt a difficult hand and have to make tough decisions to get us out of the mess we were in. Even the Church are not, to my mind, the epitome of all evil....it's a small minority sick individuals that have blackened all them all.

I'm proud to be Irish and I hate this oh-woe-is-us attitude that is so prevalent lately....we are great little nation and we should be holding our heads high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    I am not making fun of the chap who started the I Hate Ireland thread. I am just pointing out there are LOADS of ways to live well in this country.

Mind Control bull**** on RTE News like kids in euphoria upon getting their Leaving results creates a very false reality of human existence in this country for many people. Then they subconsciously spend the rest of their lies trying to make their mammy's proud of them, when they should be focussed on their own personal contentment.

I wish the chap well. But he is too focussed on doing what he expects RTE to want him to do with his life. This is root cause of his anguish.

I agree with this. I've a good degree and a good salary but it's still just an anonymous cubicle office, probably not that secure either. Nor will my work necessarily last until I'm 60+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I agree with this. I've a good degree and a good salary but it's still just an anonymous cubicle office, probably not that secure either. Nor will my work necessarily last until I'm 60+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvfy5Enz6-c

Advertisement