Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45

Options
  • 27-03-2016 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I quit my job few weeks ago and I still didn't get my p45. Every time I ring or go in they tell me the accountant didn't do it. Surely there must be something I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I quit my job few weeks ago and I still didn't get my p45. Every time I ring or go in they tell me the accountant didn't do it. Surely there must be something I can do?

Get onto revenue and get them to get it on your behalf - they will find it fairly quick then...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭blondie1985

Fieldog wrote: »
    Get onto revenue and get them to get it on your behalf - they will find it fairly quick then...

Thank you I didn't know they can do that. I will contact them on Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

Fieldog wrote: »

Revenue won't do anything of the kind
    They will however send you and your new employer (if you have one) a Certificate of Tax Credits which would ensure that your not on emergency tax

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They will however send you and your new employer (if you have one) a Certificate of Tax Credits which would ensure that your not on emergency tax

That's what I meant, pedantic Pete...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Actually Revenue do contact employers on an employee's behalf if they have not received a P45. They issue a P43, which is a formal written demand.

OP contact your local Revenue district and they will let you know if they can help, or will put you through to the appropriate section.

Did you leave your job within the current month? Some employers don't issue P45s until they have completed their payroll for the month, so if someone's employment terminated on the 1st of the month, and the company's payday is the 31st of the month, they may not receive their P45 until after this date. It's not the right way to go about things (you should be issued with your P45 and final pay on your termination date) but in my experience, many of them do it this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 scot1964

I had this problem, when they refused to give it to me. After contacting Revenue I sent a formal letter with the following..

"“It is a legal requirement that on cessation of employment in the State, that the employer provide the employee with a P45. Failure to do so is in breach of Irish Statute and will be dealt with accordingly”

They (Revenue) have also stated that any disputes (financial or otherwise) are strictly between an employer / employee and are not relevant to the Statutory requirements and the legal obligation of the employer to provide the employee with their P45, as the P45 shows what has been paid to date."

I asked for the person refusing to release it so Revenue could deal with them direct.

My P45 was in the post that evening!

Advertisement