Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game ad with classic rock music

Options
  • 27-03-2016 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

There's an ad on TV, I'm trying to find the music for it, it's not the one with Immigrant Song, it's the other one with the music that sounds like Black Sabbath, does anyone know the name of the ad and the band/song?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What's the game in question? The ad's probably on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I can't remember, it's always on in the background, it's either an FPS or a war game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Could it have been for The Division then?

Not sure, checked out some ads there but no classic rock music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Quantum Break is using a cover of Nirvana's Come As You Are, maybe that's it?

• Advertisement

Mr Bloat wrote: »

Nirvana is classic rock now?! The ad had 70s rock in it, very classical rock. (PS what is with the modern trend these days of taking great songs and ruining them with contemporary affectations? I remember hearing a version of Across the Universe that was similarly ruined, bah to the 2010s).

Nirvana is classic rock now?! The ad had 70s rock in it, very classical rock.

Smells Like Teen Spirit was a quarter of a century ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Was it Call of Duty? Don't they have an AC/DC song? Or maybe Far Cry 4 (should I stay or should I go)

Spear wrote: »

I guess...Anywho, no it's not AC/DC, it sounds very Black Sabbath, but I'm not sure it's them, it could be Cream. At the end of the ad if I'm not mistaken they say 'for the players'.

OP it was sweet emotion by areosmith /close thread

You could have mentioned it was last year you saw this ad..... assuming I'm right which I'm 99% sure I am ;)

• Advertisement

Mr Bloat wrote: »

Last of us used Something in the Way if I recall ,nirvana covers seem hip nowadays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Op can you look at the telly next time your hear it and tell us

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Op can you look at the telly next time your hear it and tell us

If only it were that simple, they stopped showing the ad since the beginning of March. It's definitely not Aerosmith, this would be more doomy, therefore Black Sabbath-esque, if not Black Sabbath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

The ad for Destiny used led zep immigrant song?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Spear wrote: »

Smells like middle age spirit. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This thread is annoying me now cause I need to know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

25 years before Nirvana The Beatles and the Stones were topping the charts and I considered them classic in the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I hope it's not that God awful PS4 add where at the end your man is standing in his garden with that stupid arms crossed across his chest, head turned towards camera pose, and loads of game chars standing with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its surely Black ops 3, and Rolling stones 'paint it black'

No, it's not that one either. The music is 70s hard rock/doom metal, like Sabbath, it's mid tempo, heavy and has a pentatonic riff with 'heroic' vocals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

No, it's not that one either. The music is 70s hard rock/doom metal, like Sabbath, it's mid tempo, heavy and has a pentatonic riff with 'heroic' vocals.

Uriah heep? I havnt seen the ad but i just mentioned them because they kinda sounded a bit like black sabbath back in the day

Possibly, that's more in the right direction, it sounds a bit like Free as well. The ad was/may still be on CBS action and possibly ITV 4.

Possibly, that's more in the right direction, it sounds a bit like Free as well. The ad was/may still be on CBS action and possibly ITV 4.

You're positive it's not the Aerosmith one I mentioned earlier?

how do you even know it's an ad for a game if you didn't watch it ?

People have listed most of the FPS / War games that are out recently or that would have ads on the TV (OP said he seen it last in early March).
    I can't think of any other huge releases coming out

SeantheMan wrote: »
    how do you even know it's an ad for a game if you didn't watch it ?

People have listed most of the FPS / War games that are out recently or that would have ads on the TV (OP said he seen it last in early March).
    I can't think of any other huge releases coming out

It would have been on in the background, I would have watched it yet not have paid any attention to it apart from the music as it would have been just another ad, but it's definitely a game ad if that makes sense. If anyone guesses it right they will get a prize. Otherwise I will upload a hint, if it happens to still be difficult to guess, there may still be a prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You sure it's not the Destiny live action advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fieldog wrote: »
    You sure it's not the Destiny live action advert?

More likely to be the Taken King advert with Black Dog than the original Destiny one with Immigrant Song

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

LOL !! :D straight from Super serious Street Fighter 5 trailer with gruffy voice

It's that drive that fuels us,
    You get stronger, you get faster,
    You push past what you thought your limits were...
    and you realise...
    It's not that box you came in that made you....it's the moment you...broke free of it !!!

Straight into Tropical music with young Japanese girls in bikinis with Huge jabbers !! :P (felt like a bit of a perv even watching it.....so......don't watch that part in Work...or you might get some strange looks if your co-workers see you watching it....there is like....1 shot of a volleyball...the rest is just random stuff :D )

I went through all the videos though, many of them are Japanese games, and I can't imagine them getting adverts or airtime on Irish TV. So I'd say that none of them are what OP was referring to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There was an ad for something recently that had Woman by Wolfmother on it - that sounds quite 70's-ish? Can't think what the ad was for though, I wasn't watching the telly either...

Advertisement