Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - What was this game / show ?

Options
  • 28-03-2016 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

I was lying in bed last night and this came into my head, and I couldn't for the life of me remember what TV Show it was or what the game was.

It was a show about computer games , probably on Nickelodeon or TCC or Sky1. We are talking early to mid 90's I would guess.

They would have competitions where players would face off against each other....I'm nearly sure one of the games was Wiz'n'Liz (the side scrolling racing one).

There was also another game, where it was with robots...but you could choose the different body parts of your robot...and each had it's bonuses and advantages...you'd stick head A on body B and Torso C etc (I never got to play the robot game...always wanted to though)

Anyone any idea of what I'm talking about ? :D
    (I don't think it was Gamesmaster)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think I know exactly what you're on about, the game was Cyborg Justice, and was Violet Berlin the host?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Links234 wrote: »
    I think I know exactly what you're on about, the game was Cyborg Justice, and was Violet Berlin the host?

Ah, Violet Berlin, I remember her fondly.

Anyone who saw her during that time will probably know why. :)

'Cos she was a great host!

OP, was this the show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Hahaha yeah !!!! That was it !! :)

Lookin at it now I don't know why did I wanted to play that game :P ....prize was a game of Twister :P hahaha
    (I could see other prizes were Barbie, Ken, Boggle and a Dreamphone :P )

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Lookin at it now I don't know why did I wanted to play that game :P

The game was actually a lot of fun, as it was more of a Streets of Rage type thing, and much more fun co-op than 1v1.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, Violet Berlin, I remember her fondly.

Anyone who saw her during that time will probably know why. :)

I remember her presenting a show on Bravo as well called Gamepad. And not just because of the tops she wore....
    Just saw her photo on Twitter when I googled her now. I wouldn't recognise her at all
    https://twitter.com/violetberlin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I remember her presenting a show on Bravo as well called Gamepad. And not just because of the tops she wore....
    Just saw her photo on Twitter when I googled her now. I wouldn't recognise her at all
    https://twitter.com/violetberlin

Followed. ;)

I got real nostalgic with this thread, remembering all those cheesy old games shows. Started following Big Boy Barry on twitter too. :p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I always preferred Emily Booth, think the show was called Bits. When games journalism used to be sophisticated :o

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Followed. ;)

I got real nostalgic with this thread, remembering all those cheesy old games shows. Started following Big Boy Barry on twitter too. :p

Couldn't remember him. Thought you were on about the cheats guy from Bad Inflence, who turns out to be called Nam Rood. Always remember him sticking cheats to his head, especially the DULLARD Mortal Kombat blood cheat.

Bits was another one on C4 with Emily Booth and 2 others. Think another Emily who went on to do a video game show on SciFi.

Edit: Odd we both remember Emily Booth. :D

Seem Emily in some cheap horror movies as well, but I always liked Aleks Krotoski best

Emily does a lot of stuff for the Horror Channel.

Only video game show on tv now is Videogame Nation. I like it. They probably know that doing a normal review and news show is hard in tis day and age so basing it around one game is a good way to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Emily does a lot of stuff for the Horror Channel.

Only video game show on tv now is Videogame Nation. I like it. They probably know that doing a normal review and news show is hard in tis day and age so basing it around one game is a good way to do it

where is that on?

Challenge on Saturday mornings at 10 or 1030. Probably repeated during the week. Their format is pick a game (sometimes AAA, sometimes smaller), review it, have talking heads about the genre, gameplay, etc.

Advertisement