Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounting or Law

• 28-03-2016 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hey Everybody,

I am 20 years old and will be graduating this year with a degree in Commerce. I have specialized in accounting modules throughout my degree program. I have a graduate position for 3.5 years with one of the big 4 accounting firms but I am questioning myself do I really want to become an accountant and work in auditing for the next 3.5 years.

Lately, I have been researching about a career in law and training as a solicitor. I don't have any experience except for undertaking a few corporate law modules in college, which I found quite interesting. If I was to consider pursuing this career, I would be hoping to obtain a trainee position with one of the big 5 (Which I know can be quite hard to obtain). Do law trainees find their jobs interesting or is it similar to auditing where the work can be quite tedious and boring?

Anyways, I would really appreciate any views or opinions you have on the above professions and what you might regard as a better career and qualification to pursue. At the moment I am unsure about what career I would like to pursue.

Also, what are the average ages of people starting out in accounting or law trainee positions?

Thanks for reading this and I would appreciate any responses.

Advertisement