Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Counselling Courses

Options
  • 28-03-2016 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

as the title says I'd really appreciate any advice or feedback on counselling courses (in Dublin). As I understand it there's no legal requirement to have any qualification to be a counsellor in Ireland, and I although I have got a lot of 'life experience' under my belt, I'd like to have some official certificates etc.
    I'd ideally like to work privately. Anyway, after some research there's a multitude of different courses and I find the sheer amount kind of overwhelming.
    Can anyone offer thoughts, advice or guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

ps I realise this may be in the wrong section (I have a habit of doing this) so apologies if that's the case and please move it if needs be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Don't do distance learning, you need peer support . Don't forget to add the cost of your own therapy and supervision onto your fees, it can be substantial. Make sure the course is accredited to IACP, some aren't so are basically worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭narmst

As an ex counselling/therapy student I'm looking to sell my library of books.

goo.gl / bRCkbh (delete the two spaces beside the / )

Please feel free to take a look or pass on to colleagues/students who might be interested.

Thanks

Neil

Advertisement