Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone screen refursbishers

• 28-03-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I am just wondering if any of ye know someone who refurbishes screens for example has the tools to take cracked screens and separate lcd and reassemble with new glass using OCA/LOCA?

Looking for a decent guy at decent price to work with for phone repairs in Cork area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

A sent my Sony experia compact to fonfix.

Replaced front and back screen for €90. Could not find anywhere cheaper. It's was a standard price regardless of the issue.

They are based in Dublin. You'll have to back up everything as they wipe the phone. You'll also need to take out the sim and sd cards.

You can post it up to them. Turnaround is a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

castykidd wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I am just wondering if any of ye know someone who refurbishes screens for example has the tools to take cracked screens and separate lcd and reassemble with new glass using OCA/LOCA?

Looking for a decent guy at decent price to work with for phone repairs in Cork area

You're going the wrong way if that's how your planning your business. Since the iPhone 4 all the lcd and glass have been bonded.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭castykidd

All phone repair shops operate this way, I know first hand.
    They employee someone who has invested 1,000's (usually about 3/4,000) in the equipment to separate the 2 bonded pieces, clean up the lcd, apply new adhesive/polarisier and then press the new glass on top exactly with no bubbles.

Advertisement